Glock Talk banner

Airsoft holster.Not happy.

1057 15
Was at the Flea market today, and saw a cool booth with " tactical" style nylon holsters. One caught my eye, an digital camouflage holster w/ built in mag holder.I told the guy I'd like it for a new Glock my getting. Asked him if I could see if it fit, I was carrying a concealed Glock. The Glock and mag fit, and the holster seemed to be made pretty good for 15 dollars. It was made by TAIGEAR. I check online when I get home, to find it say's fits most airsoft pistols.I was bummed that I bough it, and that the guy didn't tell me what market the company sells to. Should I just use it? Or be passed at myself for buying without knowing. What would you do? Because it's probably going to keep bugging me.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Federal Member
30,575 Posts
Use it!!

Until it falls apart, then post a review/pics of the holster.

:supergrin:

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Like another said, if it fit, I'd sure use it.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
I wouldn't use a Airsoft holster to hold something that your life may depend on. Get a good holster made for your gun, Airsoft items may look similar, but the quality is not there. Last thing you want is it failing when it matters.

· Registered
7,556 Posts
Was at the Flea market today, and saw a cool booth with " tactical" style nylon holsters. One caught my eye, an digital camouflage holster w/ built in mag holder.I told the guy I'd like it for a new Glock my getting. Asked him if I could see if it fit, I was carrying a concealed Glock. The Glock and mag fit, and the holster seemed to be made pretty good for 15 dollars. It was made by TAIGEAR. I check online when I get home, to find it say's fits most airsoft pistols.I was bummed that I bough it, and that the guy didn't tell me what market the company sells to. Should I just use it? Or be passed at myself for buying without knowing. What would you do? Because it's probably going to keep bugging me.
What don't you like about it? Stitching? Retention not stout enough? Is it IWB or OWB? Just because something is sold as airsoft does not mean it will fall apart just looking at it. The Glock combat sport holster is $15, some hate it, I like it. Simple, effective. Does your holster fall into the same mode? If it works for you, who cares?

· Registered
173 Posts
I'd just be mindful that my gun didn't fall out and that the trigger was covered. $15 doesn't buy 2 happy meals at McDonalds so wouldn't be too hard on yourself. It beats some of the bad gun/holster purchases that I've made by a mile.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guy's. First, I know what to expect from a flea-market. But looking at the quality I thought I was getting a good deal. Nylon holsters are not expensive, unless you pay for the most popular brands with attachments or leg straps. What bothers me is this was marketed for airsoft pistols.Some take the game serious and to realistic extremes. I just feel that using an airsoft holster for a real gun, puts you in the category of duffes or cheap skake. Neither of which am I. I think the seller should be honest and say what the product was marketed for, but that it ( could) still be used. I would not have bought it. I feel he is being deceptive on his sales.I'll see if anyone at my work is into airsoft and give to them.

· GTDS #88
3,378 Posts
Give the holster to a kid who plays with airsoft. Get a quality holster. Leather, kydex, nylon, doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of construction and personal fit.

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
I'd just be mindful that my gun didn't fall out and that the trigger was covered. $15 doesn't buy 2 happy meals at McDonalds so wouldn't be too hard on yourself. It beats some of the bad gun/holster purchases that I've made by a mile.
Kids Happy meals are much cheaper here, unless you meant their Value meals...lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

· Registered
47,229 Posts
I don't have an opinion on whether or not the vendor's behavior was deceptive or if he knew any more about the manufacturer than you did. And I do see the desire to 'test drive' the product....but I'm of a different mindset when it comes to unleashing the beast to test a holster fit. Did the guy bat an eye when you did the test fitting?

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have an opinion on whether or not the vendor's behavior was deceptive or if he knew any more about the manufacturer than you did. And I do see the desire to 'test drive' the product....but I'm of a different mindset when it comes to unleashing the beast to test a holster fit. Did the guy bat an eye when you did the test fitting?
All his stuff looked like it was the real deal to me. I asked if he thought it would fit a full size Glock, he said it should. I asked if I could see if it did, he said sure, you got it with you.I took it out, and it fit. No he didn't bat an eye.I'm in the great smoky mountains of NC.

· Registered
9,061 Posts
You got snookered, but at least it only cost you minimally. Now save your pennies for a good quality holster. You will be glad you did.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You got snookered, but at least it only cost you minimally. Now save your pennies for a good quality holster. You will be glad you did.
I hear ya. I don't need one, but I'm sure I'll end up buying at least two. What I don't know? I have a inexpensive BlackHawk that I keep it in on the night stand, which could also double as a range holster. And I carry in a CrossBreed iwb. I may get a Leather Galco owb or their SOB. Just to have different options with clothing or the weather. As I don't plan on carrying two guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.