close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Airgun forum question

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by flickman, Feb 7, 2006.

1. flickman

flickman

Is there a reason that you put the airgun forum under the Outdoor-Related Club Forums? Actually I would prefer that it is under the Gun-Related Club Forums without the Paintball or airsoft references. Put the paintball and airsoft stuff under the Outdoor-Related Club Forums. Just my opinion.

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

I had to put it somewhere. I don't think it belongs in the gun-related area. Perhaps the hobby forum would be more appropriate? Eric

3. flickman

flickman

Well I'm certainly not a senior contributor but I can tell you I spend a lot of time in the sport. While some people may think airguns are just "toys" I would argue they are far from it. There are other forums that are dedicated to just airguns and I usually point people to them. I was very happy to see that there was an airgun forum here on Glocktalk. While I compete in other disciplines including IDPA you need to forget the notion of airguns in the same category as your basic Daisy, Crossman, etc. To give you an idea, I just purchased a Steyr LG110 HP at a cost of $1500 without the scope. Seems ridiculous to the un-educated yes, but to a serious competitor that will be using it in this years Nationals it is a very typical purchase for this level of "gun"

Thanks for listening!

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

You don't have to sell me on airguns. I have seen what some of them are capable of. I have even made a couple of crude, but incredibly powerful ones myself. I think the hobby forum probably will be a better place for the airgun forum than the outdoor forum though. I am going to move it there. I appreciate your input. Eric