close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Air Travel with my FA

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by sugarol, Sep 11, 2006.

1. sugarol

sugarol

Hi there,

Need your advice.

Going to province this weekend via aeroplane. Will bring my pistola, which is licensed and with live PTC. When i get to airport, what i do? Is there a pnp office there to assist me? I understand i turn over my pistola to pnp. Will it be handled properly? Safely? No scratches? Then how i reclaim it at the other airport. What are the procedures Please.

Million gracias.

2. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I believe they lock you, with your gun, inside one of those cargo pallets ; then let you out when you land. (New regulation, per Macariola.)

3. sugarol

sugarol

Hahahaha... OK as long as cargo pallet is aircon, with massage chair, and serve fine dining.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i guess you gotta:

1. put your pistol in condition 2 before entering the airport (just to avoid ADs while inside).
    2. bring a lockable guncase

5. sugarol

sugarol

Ok 9mx. Thanks for input. Have you heard of anyone actually losing their FA while its in the possession of pnp and in the plane? Not being able to reclaim it at the destination? Thanks.

6. Django

Django

I suggest you buy a good gun case and use it when transporting your firearm and ammos. Before going to the airport, unload your gun and place the unloaded pistol together with your loaded magazine or mags in the gun case. Your PTC and regular license should also be placed inside the case for convenience.

Upon reaching the airport (NAIA), there is a PNP counter and booth immediately after the curb before you even enter the terminal. Ask directions from the first security guard who will also check your ticket. Declare to the PNP officers manning the counter that you have a firearm and they will instruct you to go inside the booth and unload your FA. Since you've already unloaded it before you left home, just double check.

The officer will then get your gun case,FA, mags and PTC. Normally they do not check the regular license at all but sometimes they do. Just retrieve your RL in case they don't ask for it. Proceed and enter the terminal. The police officer will go to the PNP office located at the left side of the first xray machine. He will instruct you to check in your ticket. After you've checked in, go back to the PNP office and present your boarding pass. He will then give you your FA claim stub which will be attached to your boarding pass. You may want to lock your gun case at this stage.

Remember: bring only the authorized number of ammo in your PTC.

I understand that they now collect a fee for transporting your FA so somewhere along these steps, there should be the payment of the transport fee. If you use the old domestic airport, the process would similar too.

Upon disembarkation, just ask the first poice officer you see where you can claim your FA.

Hope this covers everything.

7. sugarol

sugarol

8. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i'd rather keep all license cards and permits on my person rather than place them on the guncase, photocopies na lang siguro. mahirap na, pag yung cards ang nawala, illegal possession kaagad yun

10. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Is there any other means to transport FAs locally, legally? LBC,FEDEX or DHL?

11. jimbullet

jimbullet

I believe using courier is not allowed. It has to be with the person licensed to carry or transport it. Suggest you tell be there when they lock the gun case with the pistol inside and they will give you that luggage claim stub. Make sure they put it also on the gun case before you leave the firearms deposit counter

12. Django

Django

Very true. After they have inspected and logged down your PTC and FA license, you need to retrieve them and place them on your person. Do not place them inside the gun case with the gun. You will need to present them to the PNP at your point of destination. The worst thing that can happen to you is when you mispalce/lose your PTC card. While some PNP personnel will allow you to claim your FA using your claim tag, other jurisdictions require that you present your PTC card before you can claim your FA at your destination.

However, from your residence to the airport, you may want to place them in your gun case for your convenience. It's not easy to keep so many documents (plane ticket, identification card, PTC, FA license) in your wallet and start fumbling once the guards ask you to present them especially when you're saddled with luggages too.

13. isuzu

isuzu

One good thing of having your gun transported in a lockable case is that the airport security or the PNP won't have a chance of toying with your gun. I've seen cases in the old domestic airport as well as the Centennial airport where guns are just transported in a plastic basket from the plane and some PNP personnel were actually handling the guns (dry-firing, slamming the slide on an empty chamber). Good thing I had mine in a Doskocil.

There used to be a booth inside the Centennial Terminal where you could load/unload your firearm. There was an incident of an AD inside the terminal and the booth was moved outside of the where lots of people could see you go in and out of it.

14. mikol

mikol

me too, saw a similar incident in the domestic airport before.
    the worst thing is that the firearm was not even put in a plastic bag or even in a brown paper bag.
    it was just handled by a steward or co-pilot(seems like a shooter going from one bay to another).
    he passes us by going his way to that small counter just beside the exit door a few meters from the luggage collection area.:shocked: :upeyes:(hanep ang galing!!)