Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** Long read *** Long read ***

After much debating (mostly with myself), reading and then some more reading, I finally decided to equip my recently acquired Colt LE6920 with an optic sight. The next step was deciding on which way to go. I mean unlike rest of the world, USA has a great many choices as far as optic sights for rifles go.

For the longest time I was considering the variable power Nikon M223 1-4x and the Leupold AR optics, but considering that I might use the rifle for duty (LE) purpose, and my department does not allow any type of magnified optics on personally owned, duty used guns, I quickly decided to go another route.

I then looked at both the EOTech and Aimpoint, finally deciding to go with Aimpoint, Comp M4s to be exact. The unit is powered by single AA battery which is supposed to last 80000 hours. Because, anybody, even least interested knows the specs of the sight, I’ll skip the obvious and present my first impressions of that sight.

I ordered my Comp M4s from DSG Arms website, where my LEO discount brought the price way bellow the MSRP, which according to some websites is in the range of 843.00$. While not affiliated with DSG Arms I have to say their costumer service is second to none. I ordered the sight on Monday, and had my “paws” on it by Thursday.

Sight comes in... ready for it(?) ... yes a cardboard box. I mean WTF I paid a good money for it and the thing comes in CARDBOARD BOX!!!

The box contains the assembled sight (QRP 2 mount, spacer and killFlash) along with bikini lens covers, and the battery.

The sight comes equipped with everything one needs to install it on the rifle, so after inserting the battery, I coupled it with the Colt LE6920, making sure that the tightening knob snapped twice (yes, I actually read the instructions that came with it :supergrin:)

I have installed an A.R.M.S #40 L-P rear sight on my rifle, and with that being folded down, the view of the Aimpoint is unobstructed.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks to the preinstalled spacer, the A.R.M.S sight in the up position, lines up with the Comp M4s just right.

Making the “co-witness” sight picture present without any obstructions of the iron sights.

As stated in the instruction manual, my sight was delivered with the dot centered.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which made the sighting in the Colt 6920 with Comp M4s at 50 yards, a real breeze, with slight adjustment up and just a tad left and I was done.

The Comp M4s kept it zero, despite the fact that I took it off and re-installed it couple of times.

Overall I am very happy with my choice to go with Aimpoint. It is my first, but rest assured, not the last one.

As far as the cardboard box, well that is already in the recycle bin. :supergrin:

That’s all folks, thanks for reading. I am going to clean my guns now. :whistling:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Cool! I had been intending to get an M4S for a long time, but I managed to find a guy close by with an H-1 Micro on a LaRue mount for a reasonable price, so I got it instead.

To get your LE discount, did you have to present something on a Dept. letterhead, or was just a photocopy of your ID okay with DSG?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To get your LE discount, did you have to present something on a Dept. letterhead, or was just a photocopy of your ID okay with DSG?
If I remember correctly, I just emailed them the copy of my LEO id. It took about one day to process, then once you sign in the discounted prices are shown right there.

·
12,970 Posts
Don't be surprised when the ARMS breaks.

When it does, replace it with an LT659. :)

·
Mall Ninja Extraordinaire
419 Posts
Shibby dude...I've got 2 EoTechs...thinking of adding an Aimpoint soon. Is it hard to two eyes open aim and not get cross eyed?

·
Banned
2,733 Posts
Ummm, you didn't pay for the packaging... You payed for one of the best RDS money can buy. Good choice, the only thing I would do different is put it in a LaRue mount.

·
Banned
2,733 Posts
Shibby dude...I've got 2 EoTechs...thinking of adding an Aimpoint soon. Is it hard to two eyes open aim and not get cross eyed?
If you get a model with flip up caps, a good way to practice both eyes open is to open the rear cap but leave the front one closed. Using the optic in this fashion forces you to keep both eyes open, if you don't you won't be able to see anything other than a red dot in the center of a black circle. Open both eyes and it's amazing how your brain puts the two together.

You should use EOTechs with both eyes open as well, same principle.

·
Mall Ninja Extraordinaire
419 Posts
Both eyes open on the eotech. I was just saying that because the aimpoint reminds me of a scope memory says use one eye when using. I have an aimpoint clone i got in a trade and always find myself using one eye. I don't use it a lot, just play with it so I could prob get used to it.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Some of you guys must not remember the Les Baer cardboard box thread. Nice review, enjoy the new toy.

·
Shut your mouth
5,318 Posts
When purchasing brand new(even with DSG discount), it is impossible to find an Aimpoint price that beats Larue's combo prices when you take into account the fact that an Aimpoint is worthless without a Larue Mount.

MF

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good choice on the optic Ijacek. I recommend you reconsider the killflash, I removed mine when I realized the difference in view (specifically when using irons).

The Aimpoint mounth is good to go in my experience. I have upwards of 4000 rounds and three courses with the standard mount and it has held zero well. Larue, ADM, etc mounts are nice, but the factory mount ain't a piece of sh** either.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Aimpoint mounth is good to go in my experience. I have upwards of 4000 rounds and three courses with the standard mount and it has held zero well. Larue, ADM, etc mounts are nice, but the factory mount ain't a piece of sh** either.
I am planing on leaving the original mount on.

·
AAAMAD
31,942 Posts
Good choice on the optic Ijacek. I recommend you reconsider the killflash, I removed mine when I realized the difference in view (specifically when using irons).

Must have done something, because the old mount for the M68 was a POS like no other.

OP, other than the mount, you done good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts