close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aimpoint for Open?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltik45, Aug 3, 2006.

1. paltik45

paltik45

Hi there mga bosing, well i just got a copy of this book "Combat Raceguns" by J.M. Ramos. I think this was published or copyrighted in 1994. But anyway, most of the guns that was featured in the book uses either an Aimpoint scope or the Tasco pro-point scope. (The later was more like the "toy gun" scope nowadays.) I feel like I went back in time after seeing those "custom" guns which I used to see when I was in grade school:supergrin: . Well at present I seldom see those kind of scopes here in the USA and in world shoots. Most of the scopes for the open gun that I know have C-more, OKO or Docter/Jpoint scopes. I just want to check if there are shooters back home that still uses the AIMPOINT scopes? Again the reason for this inquiry is to get some idea on my Open gun project for the (Boss)wife pag uwi namin dyan. I know that this scopes are tough and still very espensive but I dont want my wife's pistol to look like a dinosuo:freak: . Salamat po.

2. JuDGe

JuDGe

Tigra has one on his Open pistol

[​IMG]

3. paltik45

paltik45

Thanks for the reply judge;)

4. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

I think he did say that he prefers the aimpoint over the cmore.

6. paltik45

paltik45

Sir Batangueno ano po ang scope mount ninyo dyan sa open gun ninyo? I know that pistols are realy brutal sa mga scopes. So how is your aimpoint holding up? Hey guys your feedback on OKO, C-more and optima are welcomed. Salamat po.

7. tigra

tigra

Sorry for the late reply paltik45.

I have 2 open guns, one with a c-more and the other, with a Tasco Pro-Point.

I am not very good at comparing sights but i'll share with you some things that i have observed/experienced in using reaceguns with either c-more or tube-type electronic sights.

In my experience, it is easier and/or faster to acquire targets using a tube-type sight, especially in instinctive/point shooting and shooting through small openings/ports. It is probably because in raceguns with tube-type sights, the center-to-center distance from barrel to sight/red dot is shorter as compared to those with c-more sights. Minimal adjustment in gun presentation if you are used to shooting guns with iron sights.

Less muzzle flip in shooting a racegun with c-more sights. I think it is probably because of the weight of the sight (plus mount and sheild). I tried both sights and i had faster splits using the one with the c-more. Try holding an empty gun with a c-more, parang meron extra weight towards the muzzle of the gun. While in a racegun with tube-type sights, parang andun lang sa kamay mo yung bigat. I also tried shooting both guns using same ammo at almost equal split times (twin tap lang), 7 meter target. 2nd shots were just on top of the first one, pero medyo mas mataas yung 2nd shot dun sa racegun with tube-type sight.

I guess its really a matter of preference. But in my case, it was a choice between Faster Target Acquisition vs. Faster Follow-up Shots;) ......o di lang siguro ako talaga marunong!!hahaha!:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

8. astig007

astig007

just a thought... because on the level of the super squad of the world shoot, or even the current euro-med cup, the one who shot using c-more was the champion... or were the ones on the top ranks...

saul kirsch, the european steel challenge champion, is using a tube scope (aimpoint) on an sti frame... but can only do much when he shoots IPSC... saul has got faster (shorter) splits than eric but still couldn't best eric n IPSC...

on the other hand, eric grauffel used tube scopes to win two world championships but yet, decided to shift to c-more to defend and win his third world shoot title. was it because of financial gain, or there is really a marked difference in the shot to shot recovery...

todd jarrett won almost all major US shoots when he was the only one using a c-more and all others were on tube scope or the bushnell holosight

i have open guns, one with a 33mm sightron tube, and also have with c-more...

draw to first shot with proper placement is quicker with a tube because of the alignment, i can look over the top of the scope while the gun is getting aligned with my eyesight...

couldn't give you a more informative comparison... but tigra's comment is good... specially with the twin tap thing...

9. paltik45

paltik45

Thanks for a very informative input fellow BOGs. But I might join an OKO scope group buy here in my neck of the woods. Papatak lang na buy one get one free...well I went ahead and order two of them:supergrin: .

10. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

If it's not too late yet, try to get the OKO for rifles. The 4-point anchoring is sturdier than the pistol model's 3. Also check if it's the new one already with the 2-level brightess switch instead of the old one's rotary type. Yung rotary switch kasi nagfi-fail and end up popping off the sight.