Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been a .40 guy for a while but recently ordered a 19c and was debating on buying a standard barrel to swap out just when I’m shouting indoors (I don’t even know if it’s as bad as people claim) . Anyways are these barrels any good? (accurate, lifespan, reliable)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If I were you I would buy a factory glock 19 barrel. You could get a take out for as little as 75.00 new. Ive seen them on gunbroker. For home defense the flame out of the ports would be an issue for follow up shots in the dark. And you cant shoot it in GSSF matches. With a regular barrel. No reason to dump a 19C just get the factory barrel. You get the stellar glock accuracy out of a stock barrel. I have considered getting a standard barrel for my Gen 3 G22.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I got a 40 to 9 mm conversion barrel for a Gen 3 35 from Aim Surplus when hey first came out.

at the time I was reloading 125 LCNC that I cast/coated, lighter plinking loads, ran just fine with the stock 40 RSA from the 35 and 17 mags, no issues and just as accurate as any other after market barrel I've owned, ran about 2-300 rnds before I sold it.

Reactions: DieselNut

·
Registered
708 Posts
I shoot the C models all the time and yes they have a louder report.
Folks on either side of you at the range might be a little annoyed.
C’s are plenty accurate and can be a pleasure to shoot.
And they are GSSF legal to shoot in the Competition and Unlimited divisions for outdoor matches.
The C models are GSSF legal for Stock Division for the indoor league as long as the pistol has not been modified. A crafty reloader can tune a load in a C model to feel like your shooting a air gun.
Adding a regular barrel for indoors will lower the report. Shoot the C and a regular side by side, it may not bother you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve been a .40 guy for a while but recently ordered a 19c and was debating on buying a standard barrel to swap out just when I’m shouting indoors (I don’t even know if it’s as bad as people claim) . Anyways are these barrels any good? (accurate, lifespan, reliable)
=======
The Glock Store has tons of factory barrels they tear down factory guns to build custom Glocks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks good to know
I got a 40 to 9 mm conversion barrel for a Gen 3 35 from Aim Surplus when hey first came out.

at the time I was reloading 125 LCNC that I cast/coated, lighter plinking loads, ran just fine with the stock 40 RSA from the 35 and 17 mags, no issues and just as accurate as any other after market barrel I've owned, ran about 2-300 rnds before I sold it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a myth that ported guns are no good for follow up shots in low light. There is no more muzzle flash than from a non ported gun.
I saw test after test. You’re right. Also ported barrels only tend to lose 20 fps and are nothing like the previous claims in other threads. I still have a standard barrel on the way from AIM just for my training classes. I think the real con to ported barrels are the possibility of being burnt or minimal spalling when choosing next to your body (forgot the term)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts