Glock Talk banner

Aim high hit about dead center

1612 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  walkin' trails
Ok, I used to have to shoot high to hit center left. Just about had that worked out, then I started modding my G26. Put a new Kineti-Tech flat trigger, just the shoe, on with a Ghost 3.5 Ultimate connector on, plus a few other goodies that have nothing to do with the firing or aiming process. Anyway, one, I’m tickled that the gun even works lol! I tore it down completely for the surgery, and have never done anything like that before. Found out that Glock is very easy to tear down. Anyway, so now I’ve completely eliminated the “left” issue, but having to aim a few inches over top of target in order to hit dead center. Is this a technique issue I can easily fix? I blew off almost 250 rounds today, had a blast, and tore out a huge hole almost dead center.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40,449 Posts
Trigger manipulation has everything to do with where the rounds hit, especially as you get further out. Assuming your sights are correct, Poa=poi out to well beyond 30y. First check your sight or better still, have a good shooter shoot your gun & check the sights. If the sights are off, fix that first. The. You can diagnose a shooting problem.

· Registered
40,449 Posts
Again, have someone else, a good shooter, shoot your gun, slow fire @ 50ft. The sights very well could be the wrong height &/or installed incorrectly. Verify that first, otherwise you are just guessing. You may need a little taller front if shooting consistently high or lower front if shooting low.

· Registered
40,449 Posts
If you are shooting 6-7" low at any distance under 50y, something is dramatically wrong with your sights first, or the way you see the sights or your sight alignment, how you place the sights on the target or sight picture. First make sure it isnt the sights, otherwise you are just wasting ammo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.