Glock Talk banner

Aim high hit about dead center

1615 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  walkin' trails
Ok, I used to have to shoot high to hit center left. Just about had that worked out, then I started modding my G26. Put a new Kineti-Tech flat trigger, just the shoe, on with a Ghost 3.5 Ultimate connector on, plus a few other goodies that have nothing to do with the firing or aiming process. Anyway, one, I’m tickled that the gun even works lol! I tore it down completely for the surgery, and have never done anything like that before. Found out that Glock is very easy to tear down. Anyway, so now I’ve completely eliminated the “left” issue, but having to aim a few inches over top of target in order to hit dead center. Is this a technique issue I can easily fix? I blew off almost 250 rounds today, had a blast, and tore out a huge hole almost dead center.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Before you continue to spend more money, make sure human error is out of the picture.

Make sure your trigger control, sight alignment and grip are where they need to be. If you’re able to fire other pistols well with no issues, try this last tip. Next time you go to the range, ask your shooting partner to try out your gun (see if he/she has the same issues). If you shoot alone, I’d ask an employee at the range to shoot your gun, goal here is to see if it’s human error. If there’s still an issue, after another person fires it, then you can look at adjustments to the firearm. I give you these tips first, because I’ve seen many issues in the past and most had nothing to do with the pistol. I wish you luck.

· Registered
14 Posts
And be aware that the act of shooting itself is diagnostic. The mechanics are easy. The hard part is the observation. Your goal should be to be able to evaluate your shooting in real time, at speed.
I couldn’t agree more. I recommend video taping yourself, it could be a valuable tool. Also, video taping yourself during “dry fire” practice, is critical and could help you catch your own mistakes. Best of all, it’s free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.