AIM glock 22 police trade ins-$349

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by amd65, Aug 20, 2005.

1. amd65

amd65

I am visiting AIM surplus next week, and notice they have Glock 22 police trade-ins with night sights for $349.00. Now, I have a terrific Glock 23--somehow I feel drawn to buy one...save me and my credit card!

2. kswiss2783

kswiss2783

Buy one! Enough said.

3. boze2043

boze2043

4. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

Make sure you replace the recoil rod/spring.

5. AJE

AJE Sometimes grumpy, not old

A guy in the academy with me went and got one... he went to pick it up and they sold it for $329.... its been a few weeks but I'd ask about it.

6. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

NS models are 349, the FS models were 329.

7. texgunner

texgunner

Greetings to all! I'm not a Glock owner yet, but I will be one soon. I'm very interested in these police trade-ins advertised by AIM. Their current flyer has the NS model 22 listed at $329. I wonder just how much shooting wear these guns have seen? I understand that these are Gen 1 pistols; is it correct that they don't have the metal reinforcing to allow the .357 Sig barrels for that conversion? It seems like a good price, also has no shipping charges to the lower 48. Anyone bought one of these and care to comment on it? Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to learning more about these fine pistols here on the forum.
    Gary.

8. LexTalonis

LexTalonis

I picked up a second gen (which I prefer) Glock 22 for 365 from summit gun broker, witrh three 15 rd mags. These are factory refurbished, and come with Glock lifetime warranty. Mark, the owner of Summit was a pleasure to deal with, and he had it shipped out the day after he recieved the FFl from my dealer.

www.summitgunbroker.com

Sean

9. texgunner

texgunner

Thanks for the tip Sean! Mark returned my call after I left a message this afternoon and he sure seemed like a good guy. That does sound like a good deal to me too. I guess there is no way to know for sure if a Generation II model 22 can be converted to .357sig without calling Glock with the serial number, right? I guess one could ask what the serial number was of the gun he was shipping before he actually shipped it and then contact Glock. Does that sound reasonable? I would like to have the ability to swap calibers, but should that be a "deal breaker"? Any advice out there on this point?
    Thanks, Gary.

10. vega

vega

I asked Glock this question before, their answer was, if it has a railing on the frame and have a finger grooves you can shoot 357 with it. I asked him if he was refering to Gen 3 and the guy said yes. I asked again why didn't he say so in the first place. The answer was, not all would know what Gen II or III.

Hope this helps.

edited to add - Don't take my word for it, call Glock 770-432-1202

vega