close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ahhhhhh.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by BigJon, Jan 9, 2003.

1. BigJon

BigJon

Monday morning, the chartered King Air will lift off from my local airport with three guys as passengers, one of whom will be me. They'll fly us over to another state and a place to which we've willingly paid too much to hunt whitetail deer. Of course, that's not the only consideration for the payment; we also will be fed and "watered", especially with the fine, brown-colored stuff in the evenings. They'll haul us out to the stands, haul us back, retrieve, clean and process our deer, cook our meals, wash our dishes, pour our drinks, make up our beds, and smile and be nice to us no matter what. Why? Because we have paid for that luxury. Of equal importance is what they won't have - squalling kids, honking horns, or cell phones ... and we don't come back until Thursday afternoon.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like working for the deer I shoot here at home. That's part of the fun. However, that in no way detracts from the fact that I'm gonna enjoy the livin' heck out of myself next week.

They said the maximum range at which a buck might present a shot is 200 yards. Whew! Sure am glad I have a .300 Win Mag! Better not forget my data book and ballisticard! ;f

"Please return the stewardess to her original upright position."

Ahhhhhhhh.

2. Jazz5

Jazz5

Well, I for one, am jealous!
    We need a full report when you return. Enjoy your hunt.
    As the plane lifts off don't forget to ask (per Boortz): I wonder what the poor people are doing? ;f

3. hoagie55

hoagie55

I'm not poor yet, but unemployed and I'm looking for a job just to make ends meet!

4. BigJon

BigJon

Been there myself, hoagie55. Will probably be there again the way things go. Helps me to remember to stop and smell the roses, because the "rainy day" never comes.

Best regards,
    Jon

5. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

How did your hunt go?

6. BigJon

BigJon

Excellent, although unproductive due solely to my inept shot. See the thread titled "Giles Island" on this board.

Regards,
    Jon