close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ahhhhh new boots......

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by muddydog, Sep 22, 2004.

1. muddydog

muddydog

i like boots...alot..more than i should

i'm pretty hard on them..outdoors 3-4 days a week training dogs, hunting and making food plots for people.

i broke down and bought a new pair of Danner Master Hunters..
    they are oohhh so sweet.

i have a pair of Danner Mountaineers that i were sometimes..and i've worn Rocky and Wolverine and my last pair of everyday hunting boots was a pair of Herman Survivors that were awesome..

i recommend the Danners to anyone..

2. USPcompact

USPcompact

Try a pair of Irish Setters next, great boots. ^c

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

I have had a couple pair of Danners. Great boots. I have a pair that I havn't had for a year yet and the stiching is starting to come loose where the lace eyelets meets the hooks. Schnee's Boot's and Shoes, where I bought them, said that they would re-sew them for no cost.

I have always looks at Irish Setter boots and thought they looked good, I just have not tried them yet. Maybe next time.

I want to get Danner's boot that they made for the fire crews. They are solid black leather with kevlar thread for the stiching and triple stiched at that. Looks like you could beat the hell out of those boots.

4. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

I had a pair of expensive Danners that felt great, really great. But they leaked. I sent them back to Danner. Danner reneged on the garantee.

Not me. Danner can eat muskeg and die.

5. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

My thoughts exactly. I bought this season's boots about 2 months ago. Thinking I could wear them occasionaly to "break" them in.

They were absolutely comfortable from day one. I wore the boots at work for 15 hours straight the first day and my feet felt better than they would have if I had my well worn-in work shoes on.

My next new pair will be Irish Setters again.

6. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

New boots for me usually mean sore feet. How much do the "setters" run?

7. kfoley

kfoley Break glass

These must be good boots. I always hate to get new boots, then I have to break them in until they're comfy. Maybe my next pair I'll have to try some Danner's...

8. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

I bought the gortex waterproof camo version from Bass Pro. They were about $130.

I think I am going to buy a set of the brown leather (surprisingly non-waterproof) version for everyday wear.

9. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Had two pairs of Danners that were great, one is still in good condition, but my feet grew!! Heck I'm 46 years old!! Actually guess it's common as you get older and your arches start collapsing along with other stuff ;Q .
    My favorites were a pair of Red Wing uninlsulated Gore-Tex. Could walk for miles in those. Somebody actually stole them from work on me in Bs. As.!! Nice boots, but after they've done a few hundred miles on my feet, the smell could be considered a WMD!!;g ;g

Will be picking up another pair when I get home this time and most likely go with the Red Wings again. Just hate the way they dye all your sox brown though until they're well broken in.

10. USPcompact

USPcompact

Red Wing actually makes Irish Setters (in Red Wing, Minnesota, I believe).

I've got a pair of the Kangaroo leather Wingshooters and wear them every day. I've also got a pair of the insulated deer trackers and a pair of the rubber knee boots. Love all of them.

11. 7ring

7ring

Just got a pair of Cabela's Trophy Hunters for winter. They've got a bargain cave at Cabela's and these were dirty, not worn, cost me $80. I wear only danners for duty. I got a great pair of Setters for $50 last year from Sierra TradingPost.com and they are great. You guys/gals should check their site.;)