Ahhhh, we were young and dumb once - my squidly pics

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Jul 12, 2005.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

My first bike when I was a mere lad of 20. Low sided it once at around 30-MPH in a very tight left curve. The bike shed enough velocity for me to practically stepped off it. No damage to me and mild cosmetic damage to the bike's left side.

I was in my "Marlon Brando" mode: black crappy jacket, black jean and black crappy half-boots, and of course no gloves & no helmet. Super cool, man.

I was worried more about image than riding ability and skin retention then. No siree, no MSF training. That was for sissies. A real man would watch The Wild Ones and hop on the bike and go gunnin' for some.

Hard to believe that I didn't hurt or kill myself then. Probably pure dumb luck more than anything.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Two years later. Didn't learn squat, but much more "chic" with a Harley at Daytona Beach Bike Week.

Got a helmet this time though.;Q

Gawd, I was stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Youngsters who read this thread - these pics are for you to learn from and not to emulate. Learn from the stupidities of others so that you wouldn't have to learn from your own stupidities.

3. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Can I play? ;f

Seriously, helmets really do save lives. I'm living proof! With my helmet, I managed to get away with a few facial fractures and some cerebral bleeding. If I hadn't worn it, well picture an overripe grape.

This is 2 days after the accident

4. Angel Of Death

Angel Of Death Wrenches/BMWs

is that spinal fluid draining out of your nose?

Glad you're OK!!!

5. c5367

c5367 Esq.

I haven't a clue what that gunk is. I was still unconcious when my buddy took the pic.

I hope my experience is a lesson to next generation of squids-in-training.:)