Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ah! Summertime...

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by 1911Tuner, Aug 16, 2005.

1. 1911Tuner

North Carolina
    Whilst comin' around this mornin' at 0400, I caught a show about African Killer Bees. (Or was that yesterday?) Sounds like they've pretty much invaded the southwest and headin' for the Southeast at a steady pace...and all the gentle folk are gettin' into a panic over it.

Now, lemme see if I got this straight...

They're nervous and prickly. They defend the nest aggressively, and whenever the alarm sounds, they pretty much all fall out to join in the fight.

Sound right? Okay...

A little news flash for the blissninnies who are in such a snit over this African Killer Bee invasion. Country folks been dealin' with killer bees since not long after the last ice age. They're called "Yellow Jackets." (Or, Yaller Jackits
    if ya'll are from around here.) Gram for gram, the meanest bug that God ever put life in.

Now, before some of you city folks start tellin' me about your experience with Yaller Jackits in which ya took less than about 25 or 30 stings, understand that what you got into was known as a fledgling nest...Come out here in the sticks andstir one up that's been buildin'its defenses for 20 or 30 generations and when they hit the air, you'll think you're seein' a solar eclipse.

They've been known to take down full-grown quarter horses in 30 minutes.

Killer Bees? puh! Just another day on the farm...
  2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

SW Oregon
    Do Killer Bees make killer honey, do you suppose?! ;Q ;g ;Q