AGP video question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Maximaking, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Maximaking

Maximaking

Hey guys, I have a question, I have a ATI radeo AGP video card.... I recently upgraded my computer and had some harddrive issues. I replaced the HD and now only my onboard video will work. ATI card is dead in the water. I don't know how I could have killed it but I guess I did. Any recomendations? If my ATI card is dead can anyaone recomend a good cheap dual head video card? I love having a dual monitor setup and don't want to go back to a single out. I figure I only need a 32 or 64 meg card.

Thanks for the input
    Todd

2. Toyman

Toyman

Did you mess with the BIOS settings? There is probably one for disabling the onboad video, or to which video to init first.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Right; I'd clear the CMOS by unplugging the power cord, pulling the battery on the MOBO, and hitting the Power button a few times.

While you are in there, pull the AGP card out and reseat it firmly.

Put the battery back in, re-plug the power cord, and boot up.

It'll take you into the BIOS setup, so set the clock and date properly, then make sure all onboard video options are disabled.

Then shut down again and put the monitor back on the AGP card. Reboot and see if that clears it up for you.