close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Agostini

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ndbullet500, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Wow. Went to Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio, along with 50,000 of my closest friends. Lots of cool things. Vincents, BSAs, Matchless, etc. So many Nortons that after a while you just stop noticing them. Hodaka vintage MX racing. Good stuff, if given the chance, go.

But the coolest thing - seeing Giacomo Agostini ("Ago") riding three hot laps on his old MV Agusta Triple. Ago is the greatest motorcycle racer...period. 15 world championships, 12 Isle of Mann TT victories, and never a serious crash in his 17 year career. To put it in perspective, Valentino Rossi has 7 world titles, and has NEVER raced the TT. [​IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Phil Read and Michael Duff (now Michelle Duff) weren't exactly chump change either.

There are quite a few big time professional riders who shy away from Isle of Man because of the risk that comes with it. I remembered talking with the Bostrom Brothers about the IOM TT and they said not only no but HELL NO!!! and that the riders in that joint are crazy.

3. c5367

c5367 Esq.

That is a nutty race. Its one of those things I hope to do before I die, though.