·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13686F59-E064-4752-A452-A2CBAF474B8B.jpeg
44BBE357-5119-4A07-A858-FB55FBF798D7.jpeg
6B603758-C293-4A9E-966E-D21E68D16BEC.jpeg
18C44328-4D6C-4C1B-B1A7-A62A3F9A635E.jpeg
Just wanted to let my fellow glocktalk family know that MidwayUSA in clearance has both threaded and non threaded agency barrels for $80. Even though they are the standard grade barrels which is the same barrel as the midline and other minus the way it looks. Better get one while they last

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will find out tomorrow for you when I go to the range to see if there is any advantage to the barrel over oem. There might be some there might not. To each there own on anything they want to change out. Triggers, barrels, Sights, extended releases, mag extensions. Every gun released from Glock worked as it was intended to by Glock so why didn’t we keep all guns stock
Decent looking barrel, being flush at the muzzle like it is, but what does that barrel do that an OEM can’t or won’t?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Went to the range to try out the new barrel, not good, not all the time but would not chamber the round at times, would choke on ramp. I tried loading 5, 6 or 10 and would fail to feed. I was using FMJ 1.13 oal. Did'nt have other bullets with me to check. I did clean and wipe down the barrel before going. Any suggestions.
Yea put the factory barrel back in

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
One suggestion does come to mind....;)
Guys at our club who are determined to shoot lead in their Glocks are forever having trouble with the aftermarket replacement barrels. Just sayin'.

Moon

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I had a non-Glock pistol that was prone to that. Some Flitz polish and Dremel with a cloth/felt-tipped polishing attachment to the feed ramp solved most of the problem for me. The rest was, I think, just the need to break in.

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Polish the feed ramp and clean it up some I had one problem at first then polished it and no problems at all
Went to the range to try out the new barrel, not good, not all the time but would not chamber the round at times, would choke on ramp. I tried loading 5, 6 or 10 and would fail to feed. I was using FMJ 1.13 oal. Did'nt have other bullets with me to check. I did clean and wipe down the barrel before going. Any suggestions.
This was when i was chambering the round while loading , once chambered during firing it ran fine.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,737 Posts
Appreciate the read, it did not dissapoint.

Comments about your money are recognized, although money accumulated can be used on many things, mags and ammo come to mind. Larger saved quantities beget larger things to be accumulated.

Short story, Over 25 years and (50) plus Glocks Barrels were stock and served me well in Competition, Carry, and Hunting.

Ps: I myself polish all feed ramps and do not nor have experienced problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts