Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Well, it's not like any of this is at all new. I'm certainly not a fan of it, but at least around here they've been shutting down businesses and imposing curfews anytime a hurricane approaches for many years. The timeframe of closures before and after the passage of the storm (even with no damage) seems to be ever expanding. At least they didn't shut off liquor and firearm sales for this as they do for storms.

I know they do this all over hurricane country, and I just assumed similar was done for snowstorms or whatever else other places have to deal with.

Point is, there is precedent.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's not like any of this is at all new. I'm certainly not a fan of it, but at least around here they've been shutting down businesses and imposing curfews anytime a hurricane approaches for many years. The timeframe of closures before and after the passage of the storm (even with no damage) seems to be ever expanding. At least they didn't shut off liquor and firearm sales for this as they do for storms.

I know they do this all over hurricane country, and I just assumed similar was done for snowstorms or whatever else other places have to deal with.

Point is, there is precedent.
Except a hurricane is a real threat. The flu is not.

Even so, there is never a good reason to ditch the Constitution.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
I wont do any good unless those that violated the Constitution get orange clothing and special living accommodations.

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Except a hurricane is a real threat. The flu is not.

Even so, there is never a good reason to ditch the Constitution.
When it's DAYS before the arrival of the storm, or the storm passed days ago and there is no damage to speak of - and restaurants are closed and cars have to be off the road by nightfall, there is no threat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts