aftersales parts??

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mikol, Apr 13, 2005.

1. mikol

mikol

Guys,
    I only have a licensed commander size single stack 1911 cal.45 pistol. Now the questions are as follows;

1. Could i just buy over the counter in any gunstore back there in PI a complete upper/top kit of a gov't size 1911 cal.45 pistol using my existing license?

2. Is it also possible for me to just buy over the counter a high-cap frame kit of a 1911 cal.45 pistol without being ask by the gunstore to have it license first?

3. What are the part's of a 1911 cal.45 pistol that needed to be licensed first before you can get it?

Just a newbie guys so pardon for my ignorance ;f
    TIA;f

2. vega

vega

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

1) You can buy the complete upper part but you need to register the barrel, like I always say, who does? Any gunstore will sell you the barrel, don't worry about it.

2) You need to register the frame, it's not like the barrel that you can get over-the-counter.

3) The frame and the aftermarket barrel.

Hope this helps.

vega

edited to add - You don't need to show your license for number 1.

3. mikol

mikol

thanks bro for your reply. infos like this surely helps us newbie's.:) it's better going to a gunstore with a bit of knowledge rather than having non at all. We don't want to look stupid and being husseled by some of those people standing behind the counter. You know what i mean, thus "some dough for the paper works of this and of that" kind of things they are telling to an innocent client.;Q

4. mikol

mikol

btw, drolling in the 1911 forum and pick-up an idea. how about instead of purchasing a complete upper kit to change my commander size boomer into a full size one, i'll just purchase a 5" barrel(since i can get it over the counter) and do some porting and installed it in my commander to make it look like this
    [​IMG]
    (picture is taken from 1911 forum and just modified to have a porting in the barrel)it looks cool isn't it?

**edited to add this** --- do you thik that this platform is legal in our IPSC or IPDA competitions or even for a carry weapon? what's your opinion guys?

5. vega

vega

A ported barrel may not be desirable in CQB.

vega

6. mikol

mikol

thanks again bro.:)

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Ported barrels aren't legal in IDPA. And you'll be shooting Open in IPSC. Since you're using a singlestack, you are severely disadvantaged. Mas mey advantage ka pa kung naka optics ka IMO. ;)

8. vega

vega

mc_o - Have you heard of this guy in Malabon who have a G19C. We were just introducing IDPA then and the organizer allow all sorts of firearms to compete. There's was a COF with shooting from the hip. I was the RO at that stage and I didn't know that his FA was ported. Sunog ang kilay nya. Hindi naman nya sinabi sakin na ported siya.

Other shooters have optic sights and some targets were just 5 feet away. Hindi nila makita sa sight. Sabi namin ni JR ayan lang sa harap mo, itutuk mo na lang.

Gosh, I miss those days.

vega

9. jasonub

jasonub

yes watch out doing hip shooting on that blaster, sunog ang kilay mo dyan;e

10. mikol

mikol

thanks guys,
    i think i'll just leave the unit alone and just save more $$$ for a nice competition boomer.:) 'wag lang sanang kumati kamay ko't baka makalikot ko boga ko. meron kasi ako idol dito sa forum na 'to e.;f

11. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Customs agents seize guns, ammo
    By Mike Frialde
    The Philippine Star 04/14/2005

Alert Customs enforcement agents thwarted a recent attempt by an alleged gun running syndicate to sneak into the country some P10 million worth of firearms, ammunition and right-hand drive vehicles.

Seized at the Manila International Container Port (MICP) last week were 1,350 rounds of ammunition of various calibers and three magazines for a caliber .22 Beretta pistol.

According to Nestorio Gualberto, director of the Customs Enforcement and Security Service (ESS), the ammunition and magazines were contained in boxes declared as personal effects and household goods from Long Beach, California and consigned to a certain Eduardo Nueva of Vitalez Compound, Negros Occidental and a certain Domingo Hucalla of Bacolod City.

Gualberto said they are now in the process of verifying the identities of Nueva and Hucalla after the two failed to claim the boxes.

Also last week, Customs police agents seized a 40-foot container van also at the MICP after it was discovered that it contained assorted guns, gun parts, ammunitions and right-hand drive vehicles.

According to Gualberto, the container van which was facilitated by LNM Universal Brokerage, contained a balikbayan box consigned to Fidel Cafuir of San Antonio, Cavite and sent by a certain Jerry Domingo of Lynwood, Washington, USA.

When passed through an X-ray machine, the balikbayan box was shown to be containing two Ruger caliber .22 rifles, a Glock caliber 40 pistol; 3,595 rounds of ammunition for calibers .22, .25, .38, .45 and 9 mm pistols and for a 5.56 mm rifle.

Also discovered inside the balikbayan box were numerous gun parts and accessories, barles, telescopes, holsters, reloaders, trigger springs and magazines for various rifles and pistols of assorted calibers. At the same time, Customs police likewise seized at the MICP a smuggled right-hand drive Toyota sedan and a right-hand drive Honda Integra.

At the Port of Cebu, Customs enforcement agents also seized last week a 12 gauge Springfield shotgun and a caliber .22 pistol which was hidden inside a pile of personal effects inside a container van.

The container van was unloaded from the cargo vessel Dubai Trader from the US.

"We are now conducting follow-up operations to identify those behind the smuggling of these guns and ammunition. We have turned the guns and the ammunition to the custody of the Philippine National Police for safekeeping," Gualberto said.

He recommended the issuance of a warrant of seizure and detention for the seized guns and ammunition and for the smuggled right-hand drive vehicles. Gualberto added that the appropriate charges will also be filed against the consolidators, consignees and brokers of the seized items.

12. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Pareho yata tayo ng idol pre. ;f;f

13. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

idol ko ang mga may ari ng cellphone na ito!;W ;W ;W cute pa ng anak, marunong mag flying kiss!

14. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Hoy, hoy, hoy, saan mo nakuha yan ha? ;f

15. mikol

mikol

parehas pala tayo ng mga idol bosing ppts799! ;z

16. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

register a new barrel? would they add a serial number to it? ;f what are the penalties for not having a registered barrel? barrel is considered a complete firearm. it is not registered. considered as illegal possession of firearm? ;f seriously - i did not know about this. any insights/procedure/reference?

17. vega

vega

No, they won't add serial number to it, they just want it registered and controlled. Like I said, who does?

Barrel is considered firearm under Phil law and if unregistered is considered loose. Penalties?
    http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno8294.htm

I cannot find the actual Phil Law, baka puede na yan?

Again, guys correct me if I'm wrong.

vega

18. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

sa website ng photographer mo. just saw it today:cool: :cool:

nice wedding pics!;e