Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on aftermarket sig p365 mags? Are they good or not? Does anyone have experience with them?

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,258 Posts
I don’t know if aftermarket mags are offered or not, but with 10,12 & 15 round OEM what would be the need? I do know someone offers a different baseplate for the 15 round mag but it is way overpriced.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
No need for the after market mags... I have both the 365 & XL... the factory options are good 12 & 15 rounders... My G48 on the other hand just got some shield arms S-15’s....

·
Registered
32,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are some aftermarket mags on ebay for $26 each sold in pack of 3, rather than $48 a pop. I’m totally cool with 10 rounds. I’m a cheap bastard is the bottom line.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,258 Posts
There are some aftermarket mags on ebay for $26 each sold in pack of 3, rather than $48 a pop. I’m totally cool with 10 rounds. I’m a cheap bastard is the bottom line.
For range use I suppose it would be fine. For SD carry I have a hard time not using anything but OEM. The prices may be a little off right now, but OEM mags can be found for a lot less. I purchased both of my OEM 15-rounders for around the mid-$30 mark.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,258 Posts
https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-mag-365-9-15.html

Osage County is where I purchased my 15-rounders last year. The prices are a little up due to all the Corona-zombie fears but they're on sale for $39.79 right now if anyone is interested. I think I paid just a couple/few dollars less last year from Osage. Maybe after everything settles down they'll also go down a bit?

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
I have not tried any. I like SIG (and/or SIG's Mecgar) mags, and haven't chosen to stray. I do agree, that the price is higher than other mags, but haven't read many good things about alternatives. Different gun, but when SIG had the Checkmate mags, many had issues until they went Mecgar, again.

If you find some you like that work, I'd love to know. I did buy Magpul's for my Glock. I do trust Magpul, but even those are relegated to range mags due to an abundance of paranoia coupled with inability to test enough to vet them. I haven't had an issue, but I just have a really tough time not using OEM.

·
Registered
31,832 Posts
I see no aftermarket mags, only baseplates.

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I’ve been searching high and low for aftermarket mags. Haven’t run across any. I’ll grab some iffn I find some though.

·
JAFO
14,147 Posts
Checkmate did have a piece of Sig’s mag business but I’m not sure if they still do.

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts
I have a 15 rnd OEM magazine that has issues, I haven't sent it back yet.
Hard to load and will not chamber first round correctly.

·
Registered
32,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
JAFO
14,147 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,258 Posts
Only one way to find out. That comes out to a touch over $26 each. If they work then use them as range mags. Personally, I would still only use OEM for defensive carry. That's with anyone's make/model. For OEM 10-rounders you're looking at around the mid-30's right now unless you hit a sale somewhere.

Edited to add: Yep, I didn't see those were Promag. I'd have to take a hard pass.

·
Registered
32,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 48 Posts