Aftermarket magazines?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lrrifleman, Sep 22, 2020.

1. lrrifleman

lrrifleman

It seems that all things firearms related is going through the roof, pricewise. Short of used Glock 17 magazines at Talladega (which were sold out), the costs appear to be skyrocketing. I have found some Magpul magazines at semi-acceptable prices.

What is the general opinion about Magpul or ETS magazines running in a Glock?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

2. lineback911

lineback911

Magpul is good to go!! Grab them while you can

lrrifleman likes this.

3. MCCM

MCCM

:deadhorse:
    There are at least a half dozen threads on this. MagPul are GTG. I have one ETS but I haven't used it yet.

4. Bradley T

Bradley T

The ETS I have for a 43 was cheap, but it really is very unreliable. Never have issues with factory mags, but the ETS messes up somehow every outing. Now it's my Barney mag used in conjunction with my six rounders.
    As for Magpuls, I know of no better magazine for an AR.

5. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I tested and used the 12 round Pmag in a Gen4 G26. it worked flawlessly for tens of thousands of rounds. I liked the Pmag better than the OEM mags with OEM extension.

I cannot speak for other pistol/mag configurations.

MCCM likes this.
  6. skyfall

skyfall

LGS last week still has OEM mags. at the same price.$29.95 for all calibers/capacity except 24 & 33 rd. are $39.95.They had the 40's in 22 rd. also at $39.95.

7. transient

transient

I've used 21-round PMags in three double-stack 9mm Glocks and a Glock-mag AR-9 without issues. I've also used ETS 380ACP mags (7 and 9-round) in a Glock 42, also without issues. My only concern - like a lot of people - with PMags and ETS mags is the durability of the plastic feed lips, which is why I use them for the range, but don't carry them. Some people on various forums do report using them for hundreds of rounds and years without issue.

If I could only get PMags or ETS mags, I'd buy them. If that's all I had for carry I'd just inspect them regularly and possibly down-load them if the last round seemed really tight, but I'm pretty paranoid about equipment.

8. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Magpul seems to have a good reputation but I wouldn't trust ETS. Genuine Glock mags are the only mags I would really trust.

I'm not sure about this but I don't think Magpul Glock mags are steel lined and don't have steel feed lips and if that's true they wouldn't last as long as Glock mags.

FireMedic-50 and captcurly like this.
  9. B0308

B0308

If you can't get or won't pay outrageous prices for OEM, MagPul is a good solution.

I have have a ton of their AR Mags, never a failure. A good number of 9mm, 26, 19 and 17 and also, never a malfunction. I have no reservations about using them for serious work.

MSP Sarge likes this.
  10. RPMSTL

RPMSTL

I just bought new Glock G17 mags for $21.95 shipped from AIM surplus last week.

GlockyQ likes this.
  11. OdinIII

OdinIII

This is the way! OEM are so cheap there is no reason to venture elsewhere.

GlockPolock likes this.
  12. GlockPolock

GlockPolock

I left an ETS mag for a Sig P320 9mm at the range garbage can. It would work until last round. Then the slide would not stay back, and round never elevated to top to be inserted in barrel. So there in the magazine was a live round hidden like Biden.

I hope the Glock ones are not the same. Will post after I try them.

DROBIAZG

13. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I'm sending the 3 ETS G43 mags back to them for replacement. I bout two 7 round and one 9 round magazine. One 7 round will not lock in with the slide closed. The other 7 round and 9 round will lock in but put soo much pressure on the slide that it is extremely hard to rack the slide. On top of that , the 9 round mag won't lock the slide back when empty

The Polymer80 branded KCI magazine that came with my 940C Buy, Build, Shoot kit has worked great so far and has steel feed lips. Yes I know KCI doesn't have the best rep.

I have had good luck with the MagPul G19 PMags. I wish MagPul would make G43 mags.

14. jack76590

jack76590

15. tango44

tango44

Magpul it's OK, ETS in a no!