close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aftermarket grip sleeve used just to protect Gen4 grip from damage?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MGman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. MGman

MGman

More specifically, anyone use a grip sleeve just to protect the polymids and grip from damage on their Glock Gen4? (not for better grip but protection purposes)

Wondering if anyone worries about their Glock grip getting banged up and damage occurring to the polymid texture from daily use.

2. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

None of my glocks are safe queens, they all get shot and used. If I wanted a safe queen I'd buy a Kimber! :whistling: Seriously, it is your handgun, do what you want to do...but you own a glock, use it and enjoy it!
    Scott

3. hulk2k8

hulk2k8

Kimber? Really? I would think Dan Wesson at a minimum and work your way through the semi-customs

4. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

Well, they are pretty guns! Which was pretty much my point...I guess a Les Baer would have been a better safe queen choice! :whistling:
    Scott

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. Rustin

Rustin

Ron, I see your :rofl::rofl::rofl: and I'll raise you a couple of :faint::faint::faint:'s !

7. LuckyG

LuckyG

NO... Jeez - I've got a Wilson Pro with a ding and holster wear.

Reminds me of my parents (and others) in the 1950's. Bought a new car and put plastic slip covers on the seats. The NEXT owner had very nice upholstry.

We're not Egyptian Pharos. We don't get to take our possesions to the afterlife.

8. jph02

jph02

I don't have a grip sleeve, so no personal experience. In reading reviews on them, people get them for comfort. One review even said Glocks were "abrasive".

Part of the point of a Gen 4 is it's textured grips, so a grip sleeve defeats the whole point, IMHO. Beyond that, I wonder what you're doing with your weapons that you're concerned about banging or gouging the crap out of the grips.

9. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

Despite it being such a small factor for me as well, I too wonder what you're planning on doing. I don't drop weapons. And, I don't throw them at trees.

In a real life application, maybe I'd wind up dropping it or using it to stop someone from stabbing me after the mags all ran dry... but if it comes down to that, I'll probably not be using that firearm again anyway, and I might well not be here. Least of my concerns will be the grip.

Now, would I take off jewelry before firing? Yes. Would I try to maintain the weapon as well as possible? Most assuredly. And, so long as I do my part, the weapon will do its part, and it will retain its value rather well.

Besides, Glocks are supposed to be those externally ugly but functions no matter what guns, aren't they?

10. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

I just can't bring myself to do that...it looks too good

[​IMG]

11. TRX450R_Racer

TRX450R_Racer Punisher

I keep mine in a germ free bubble. :tongueout:

12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Ah No ! SJ 40