Aftermarket glock slides

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Nemesis Lead, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Nemesis Lead

Nemesis Lead

Does anyone run an aftermarket glock slide? Is it reliable? Is one brand better than another? Do these stainless steel jobs weight and balance the same as stock slides? Can you buy new stock G35 slides?

I have a G35 slide that is pretty beaten up with over 160K rounds through it (USPSA) and is developing cracks. Was thinking of getting a new G35, but the slide is all that needs replacing.

2. mr1spd

mr1spd

Will glock warranty the slide?

3. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

You my friend are my hero.

4. Nemesis Lead

Nemesis Lead

Not sure--was going to call tomorrow, but was wondering if there was anything to the aftermarket slides.

5. SHG21

SHG21

I ordered a duplicate Glock slide for my g21. Mine also devolped some chipping and cracks after ten years of use. I couldn't really justify the cost of a 'semi-custom' Glock slide so I just ordered the original. Though if you or your gunsmith is going to custom fit the slide for competition than it may be worth it to spend the extra cash. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  6. Nemesis Lead

Nemesis Lead

Thanks for this--did you order it directly from Glock or from a distributor?

I will try for a warranty repair, but if Glock says no I will probably buy one from Glock if they sell them.

7. rsm688

rsm688

Dont quote me on this but I am almost positive glock will not sell any slides or frames, they will replace them under warranty and are usually pretty good about it. Best bet is gunbroker or here for a factory slide. I have 2 Lone Wolf stainless slides and love both of them. One is on an open gun G22 (mainly for show it was one of Lone Wolf's display guns as pictured in their banner that pops up at the top of this forum sometimes) and the other is on my plinker. My plinker (G17) has about 10k rounds through it and is great so far. It has been used and abused and held up great. My buddy has a G22 with a .357 sig conversion barrel and LW slide and has about 10k through his too with not a single problem.

Btw, you are like a glock god for shooting 160k rounds through one glock (or 160k rounds in a lifetime even). I wish I could afford to shoot that much.

Here is the banner picture of my safe queen, all my pictures are on my other computer so I screen captured it:

[​IMG]

-spencer-

8. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Does anyone else besides LWD make slides or do they control that entire part of the market? Are they made in the US or in Korea like their barrels?

DH

9. rsm688

rsm688

Caspian makes slides too but I have heard of some of them needing some serious fitting

10. AustinTx

AustinTx

Absolutely great, the slide is cracking up but the plastic frame must be all right.:snoopy: