aftermarket Barrel advice needed

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by olefirefighter, Mar 29, 2010.

1. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

I have a 26,27 and 23 - Looking at getting an aftermarket barrel for each one. I have looked at

Jarvis ---- https://www.jarvis-custom.com/Home/tabid/35/Default.aspx

Storm Lake---- http://www.stormlakebarrel.com/barrels

KKM ---- http://www.kkmprecision.com/custom_pistol_barrels/home.php?cat=1

All look nice - Jarvis is the most expensive - I called all three and KKM seemed to have the better customer service - of course, I could have just caught the others on an off day.

All fully support the round and all can be used for reloads - Ya, I know - glock doesn't like reloads but I am comfortable with them -

Anyone have any thoughts or experence with any of the above barrels

All are suppose to be 'drop in' and KKM says each ramp is hand polished by them..

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Don't forget Lone Wolf brother, great product and customer service , and VERY reasonably priced.

PS- If you don't mind the barrel sticking out on your G27, you can use the aftermarket G23 barrel in it as an extended barrel and then you only have to buy 2 instead of 3 barrels.
    :wavey:

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Michael,

Although they may offer more support at the expense of reliability, non are fully supported. If they were, a round could not feed from the magazine, rendering your semi-automatic a single shot pistol.

4. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

Interesting?? I ask about fully supported and they said 'Yes' so, were they meaning 'More' supported??

also, on lone wolf... I will call and talk to them... prices are $65 less per barrel but they do charge $12 for shipping so, that brings it down to $61 less per barrel... stilli, I will call them tomorrow..

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, they mean more supported, but fully supported sells more barrels.

6. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

Thanks,,, I just called KKM back and he did confirm right off - your explanation.

7. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*
    Although they may offer more support at the expense of reliability

Since I only have 3 KKM barrels my experience is limited, but those 3 are 100% reliable. One replaced a scary G23 barrel (bulged the brass) and 2 are use on G34 open guns 121gr @ 1425fps.

The quibbling about using the term 'fully supported" equates to the clip/mag nonsense.

8. Dave T

Dave T

A lot of people shop price before anything else. The LWD barrels are made in Korea, which helps explain their lower price. I believe the others you expressed interest in are all made in the US which explains, to some extent, the higher prices. I have owned a number of KKM barrels and have one now. I also have 2 Storm Lake barrels. All of them are quite satisfactory and with one exception were drop in ready. The exception is a 5.3" 10mm barrel in a LWD G20T slide. It required two trips to Robar for fitting to get it to feed reliably. It is still difficult to get off the frame but at least if functions now.

Of the 3 you started with I think the KKM is probably the best.
    Dave

9. blueroot

blueroot

I have two KKM and one Stormlake. I like the KKM better and will continue to choose KKM in the future, despite costing more. I have no experience with Lone Wolf.

10. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

Hello,i have 5 aftermarket barrels, 4 by Lone Wolf-G17L standard,G20 standard,G20 357 sig. conversion,G26 standard and 1 by KKM-G20 40s&w conversion.I have had excellent results with everyone.

11. zeme05

zeme05

I've shot about 5K of lead reloads thru my Gen 2 G23 with a stock bbl and no problems. I just keep the bbl clean and don't load to the max. I do have a Storm Lake 40-9mm conversion and have bee 100% happy with it.

12. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

My Glocks love em :dunno:

13. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

oh yes aftermarket barrels

As some others have said look into Lone Wolf.

14. bucken

bucken

Just received a new KKM barrel for my G19, last week. After 200 rounds, fit and function seems perfect. Fed both target and SD ammo 100%. Accuracy also seems slightly improved, but not huge difference. Decided to go with KKM based on many previous comments in this forum. Have no experience with other makes, but am very happy with KKM.

15. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

What I meant by "Glock doesn't like reload" === I was talking about the Company policy...

16. randyc74

randyc74 Custom Holster Maker

100% agreement here. I've had a LWD 40/9 conversion barrel for over 2 years. It's been totally reliable in my Glock 23 and also works in my 27.