GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I reached a decision similar to the OP. My SIG M11a1 is always carried at 4 o'clock. It might be IWB or OWB....but it is always concealed.

Where we differ is the BUG. My choice there is the Kahr PM9. It is small enough that it can be carried concealed in various locations...depending upon how I am dressed.

Both guns are equipped with Crimson Trace lasers.
I tried a Kahr and it broke. Lol a spring broke in it actually. Needless to say I didn't get a good 1st impression.

Reactions: seanmac45

·
Florist
19,922 Posts
I wanted so much to like my K9 that I even added the nice wood grips. But just could not get over the long mushy (compared to Glock) trigger and lack of reset.

I no longer have the K9 but still have a photo that I'm posting as gratuitous "pron." :)

KahrK9.jpg

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
No Khar love? Next to my Glocks, I love my Kahrs. I think their smooth triggers and tack like accuracies are huge selling points. I hear about trigger reset a lot. Of you ain't shooting competitions, I don't see it as hugely important.

Does the gun fit your hand and is the trigger pull always the same? To me, those are the most important. One place issued me a Sig P229 with a DAK trigger. I couldn't buy a G17 fast enuff to replace it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
This is Barta!
254 Posts
I always though it would be a good idea to have a Glock 23 with the conversion to 357/9, heck even .22. 3(4) guns in one. I guess you can do the same with the Sig 320. Same with a multi cal AR.

Reactions: Trench Sweeper

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
I wanted so much to like my K9 that I even added the nice wood grips. But just could not get over the long mushy (compared to Glock) trigger and lack of reset. ...
The regular trigger travel length, both in pull and recovery, may make you look up synonyms for "long" ... https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/long

:p

I've seen my fair share of Kahr's come through our range when people qualified with off-duty weapons, and I think a few in some private citizen CCW classes.

I've seen more satisfied users of the steel models than the plastic models, although some owners did comment about the brick-like, weighty qualities of the steel guns. :p However, some owners of the .40's really seemed to appreciate the heavier steel .40's. ;)

When it comes right down to it, bullets don't seem to care what gun is used to launch them downrange. It's the owners (and issued users) who seem to be a bit fussy about such things. :)

·
Formerly TFLWYO
1,305 Posts
Time marches on and technology improves every day. I like trying new technology. Some is good, and some is not so good. I think that the good stuff is better than the old stuff of yesteryear. It does not mean that the older stuff does not work. To me, the P239 is a clunker for what you get. But, it remains a matter of personal preference. So, enjoy what works for you.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,267 Posts
Are you selling everything else....asking for a friend..lol
Could you imagine if BAC1023 decided to sell off his collection.
We would have 20 pages of his guns in the "for sale" listings.

·
NRA Life Member
4,847 Posts
Could you imagine if BAC1023 decided to sell off his collection.
We would have 20 pages of his guns in the "for sale" listings.
I really think if he were to sell all of his guns...he could buy a battleship...lol

·
"The Goose"
3,311 Posts
After buying and selling quite a few handguns, mostly glocks, I’ve decided the g17 is probably the only model I really need. 19 is close, but my hands are big. If I got rid of everything, I’d probably get by with a gen 5 17.

the Kahr cm9 still rides in my pocket. It was my first CCW, and after trading it for a g26, and trying others, I picked up a 2nd. I still can’t find a gun that matches it in size, weight and in 9mm.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I owned many but the handguns I feel best about are, in this order:
#1 - LCRx3 38 sp
#2 - G19
#3 - LCRx3 22 lr
#4 - CW9

Some day when I'm old I'll likely keep only the two LCRx3's and a 20 ga o/u, the rest will be given to my kids. Three guns for life.

If things were different and we weren't continuously being threatened with gun laws I'd very likely own only those three guns. I actually dislike that I've accumulated the quantity that I have.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
After buying and selling quite a few handguns, mostly glocks, I’ve decided the g17 is probably the only model I really need. 19 is close, but my hands are big. If I got rid of everything, I’d probably get by with a gen 5 17.

the Kahr cm9 still rides in my pocket. It was my first CCW, and after trading it for a g26, and trying others, I picked up a 2nd. I still can’t find a gun that matches it in size, weight and in 9mm.
Hey JGoose! Agree about your CM9! I made a choice 3 years back to pick up my CM9, and it is a BUG to my G19. Both solid and dependable. My J Frame S&W now resides in my wifes nightstand. Thanks for sharing! Lt Scott14

·
Registered
270 Posts
I’ve done the same but settled in p-07s and p-09s. I find that my p-07 carries easier than my P10s or g19....and I shoot it better.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I did the same process years ago...I came to the conclusion that the gun I started with almost 30 years ago is the one i shoot best - Glock.

That being said I have stepped out on my Glocks on Berettas, Sigs, 1911’s, and even the occasional revolver - but most are just range toys...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 58 of 58 Posts