After seeing this, I'm doubting there will be debates...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DaleGribble, Sep 8, 2020.

1. OXMYX

OXMYX

Hillary had a 99% chance of winning

Think this will be a clean election?

2. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

Rush agrees there will be no debates and he also says that COVID exposure will be the reason.(Just as was speculated here on GT)

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...Wh24aPgCB4GiXKXi9uyInQYXxj3_Qw4BbxRoHM124K8h4

"RUSH: Well, I got some people pushing back. Everybody knows more than I do. So I announce a theory that Plugs might find his way out of the debates by claiming that somebody nearby has contracted COVID-19, that Plugs came within close proximity and must now quarantine — because of his frailties, his age, whatever they give as the reason for it — and thereby renege and get out of doing the debate or having to do it as a no-show."

3. evlbruce

evlbruce

They already have the questions in advance. They're drilling the hell out of Joe in between naps. Then they'll shoot him full of anti-dementia meds and push him out on stage.

Just so long as Joe doesn't mess his pants or bite the moderator MSM will call it a crushing victory.

'Copmalla' was a mistake, most democrats even say so. At the top of the ticket she'd be a disaster especially now.

Captain92 likes this.
  4. Bradley T

Bradley T

May not even be an election. I don't think the party is worried about Biden or any kind of election . He's just a joke made about white people. This thing may engulf all of us pretty soon.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

If you offer Joe Biden a penny for his thoughts, expect to get change back...….

:rofl:

trajan07 and Cambo like this.
  6. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

7. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

We're a bit more than 24 hours from the debate. Who wants to wager on when or if Biden will back out?

8. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

I was predicting an engineered emergency or crisis, but I might be proven wrong. They're running out of time, unless Joe wants to claim illness at the last minute.

cbetts1 likes this.
  9. Tvov

Tvov

I think this will be the first Presidential debate that I will actually make the effort to watch.

I've watched parts of previous debates, but never one from start to finish. I'll see if I can hold out and watch the whole debate.

If there actually is one.......................

10. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

clown is going to back out; appears at the 11th hour...

11. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

IF he backs out. I believe it will be sometime after 8pm ET tonight. His team will want to release it after most people have tuned out for the day.

If COVID is the reason given it will be today\tonight. If it is something else (he's not feeling well, Trump is cray cray etc.) it will be last minute.

That is my bet.

12. Trebore

Trebore

He will parrot what he hears in his 'ear wig' just like any other actor! Memory not needed!

13. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Wondering if Biden camp will cite NY Times BS article about Trump’s taxes as an excuse. Something akin to “I’m not going to debate a criminal?!”

Or Covid, of course.

14. Cambo

Cambo

I say it happens tomorrow night, with both of them there.

15. peng

peng

You know after all this buildup that Joe will do fine tomorrow.

He will refuse to answer some questions, and as far as the rest, any 10 year old can memorize and recite meaningless platitudes. Just watch.

All he has to do is not fall over and drool on himself and he will be delared the winner.

The stories have already been written.

"Last night Joe Biden was clearly the winner. On the subject of <insert> he was articulate and fact based, unlike the hysteria of Trump.

His policy responses to <insert> make sense and have been proven to work.

The highlight of the night was <insert> where Joe said <insert> and Trump stumbled with a response." Round <insert> goes to Joe."

Tvov likes this.
  16. Scott1970

Scott1970

There will be an election, and Trump will be the clear winner. The left will complain, whine and torch some of their own cities. Life will go on. There will not be a civil war or anarchy in the executive branch.

17. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

Here's one for you...

Tomorrow a looney anarchist type will provoke a confrontation with a Cleveland cop and trigger a riot outside of the convention.

"Due to public safety concerns, tonight's debate has been cancelled."

63Bravo likes this.
  18. Scott1970

Scott1970

Oh, I like that! Civil unrest. You're thinking outside the box.

How about anonymous threats made against Sleepy Joe? That could work, too.

Pennsyltucky likes this.
  19. trajan07

trajan07 dimly lit

I think it will be some version of this also. The moderator has already shown himself to be hostile to the president and the Dems will have Joe hopped up on his meds enough to get him through this first (and what I think will be only) debate.

20. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

I'm going against the grain here but I think Biden will show up and somehow muddle through it well enough that the Press will be hailing him as a genius and the easy winner of the "debate".
    My biggest concern is that Trump will overplay his hand. He tends to go off-script a lot, as we all know, and I worry he'll mock Biden too much and create a backlash factor.
    I hope I'm wrong. Watching video clips of Biden proves conclusively he's got dementia and I don't know how that can be controlled for the couple of hours of the debate. But I've had a feeling for a long time that Biden is being underestimated, not because he's a great debater but the bar is being set so low that if he stands for 1.5 hours and doesn't fall over or pee himself or drool on his tie and is halfway lucid, it will be declared a "win" for him.

Pennsyltucky likes this.