After market G43 trigger shoes fail safety test

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by ButterSmooth, Apr 27, 2018.

1. ButterSmooth

ButterSmooth

Hating the triangular serrated trigger on my G43, I decided to try an after market trigger shoe. I've tried two so far and they both failed safety tests.

The first was a Kineti-tech trigger that I bought with the complete trigger group. It seemed to work fine and solved the trigger shape problem, but when I tried to demonstrate the 'Safe Action' trigger to my son-in-law, the tab on the back of the trigger failed to contact the pistol frame, allowing the the trigger to be fully pulled and release the striker.

Out with the Kineti-tech and in with a Lone Wolf Distributors trigger shoe. Just the shoe with an OEM trigger bar, not the full Ultimate Adjustable Trigger. The 'Safe Action' bar tab reached the pistol frame and stopped rearward movement of the trigger. Perfect, or so I thought. The pistol then failed the drop test (about 3', onto a carpet and wood floor), releasing the striker and de-activating the striker block plunger. In this case the 'Safe Action' bar-to-frame distance was too great, allowing the rearward travel of the trigger (presumably due to the drop shock) to push the safety plunger into the slide. The shock would also release the striker from the cruciform (sear).

Two up and two down. The pistol is back to the OEM components and works 100%. Guess my finger is just going to have to man-up and get tough.

-JCN-, janice6 and mtstream like this.
  2. mtstream

mtstream

Thanks for the report - good info!

3. Sublimeon24s

Sublimeon24s

this goes for all Glocks.........Apex or Overwatch precision would have been the correct choices

GlockyQ likes this.
  4. grampajack

grampajack

That story is exactly why I don't mess with the internals on factory guns. You just never know what can of worms it might open.

5. ItsAllGlockToMe

ItsAllGlockToMe

Started a similar thread in General Glocking but this is exactly what I was talking about. Got a lot of suggestions, opinions and really good information and knowledge. But you know what: gonna shoot it some more, bear down, keep it OEM for now and get better.

ButterSmooth likes this.
  6. tpepper70

tpepper70

Good info. I've installed 2 Kineti-tech triggers, the option 2 trigger shoe, and haven't had any issues. I'll double check them, but checked them pretty thorough at install. 1 in a G27 and the other in a G42. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post back if I have the same issues.

7. Tbags

Tbags

Buttersmooth, post up some pictures of the triggers and your pistol would be interesting to see what you were working with. I have K-T and Apex triggers they've work fine for me.

tpepper70 likes this.
  8. MiWiAu

MiWiAu

I had similar issues with my wife’s G43. Both a non-adjustable Zev Fulcrum and the Hyve Monarch failed drop safety tests (physically dropping from 30”). Both triggers had OEM bars.

I ended up purchasing a G42 trigger bar assembly, removed the shoe, and reinstalled it on a 43 trigger bar. No drop safety problems, and now it has a smooth trigger face. :)

I just ordered a Kineti-Tech for my 19, and now you have me worried. Due to my short fingers, I was hoping to get better reach to the trigger face. I’ll be sure to check function upon receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. norton

norton

The trigger on my 43 is stock, and it's awful. I had it out to the range today, and the trigger slap on reset left a dent in my trigger finger.
    I am shooting the 43 better however. I will just keep mine stock, heavy, gritty trigger and all. It's a carry gun.

10. MiWiAu

MiWiAu

Yeah, one extra thing I did after swapping to the G42 shoe was sand down the trigger safety lever. I compressed it completely then sanded it until barely flush with the rest of the trigger face. Made a huge improvement in how it felt on my finger. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpepper70 and norton like this.
  11. cciman

cciman MacGyver

You can sand or file down the serrations on any serrated trigger shoe to lower or smooth the teeth, at the same time making the trigger safety flush with the face of the shoe.

I use the dremel and I press on the back of the trigger safety tooth, as far in as possible, as I am sanding. You can also use a file.

Free

12. Preyhunter

Preyhunter Huckleberry

S
    Same here, makes a big difference.