close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

after 2 weeks carry [27]

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 1canvas, Feb 20, 2010.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

i can't believe how much better this 27 carries than my 23. i put off buying the 27 after looking at the specs between the two and could not justify the money for what seemed to be a small difference. well i bought it anyway.
    i can easily carry the 23 and if i had only one gun it would be the 23. if held right the 27 needs no extension IMO, and loaded its about 7 oz lighter. the 27 is worth it for me and i'm glad i bought it. holding both the 23 seems much bigger now.
    so to those who are thinking of adding a 27/26 to there 23/19 i think you would be glad you did. to those who are thinking of selling your compact for a sub, i wouldn't.

2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I've got both the 23 and 27. I carry the 27 every day. The 23 is for HD.

3. 2740dmx

2740dmx

I hear ya!

got rid of a sig 239 last year, started carrying a G27 in an ultra-thin kydex holster.... never looked back!

I want to get a G23 for HD too!!

4. tank mechanic

tank mechanic

It is amazing how " a half an inch here, half an inch there"(compact to subcompact) ends up with a signifigantly smaller pistol.

5. Combatcomm

Combatcomm

The G 27 is easy to forget that you are carrying it. I carried one for 12 hours today and only thought about it when I needed to pull my pants up a little

6. Master T

Master T

I am looking for one right now! To go with my 23!

7. Jackalo626

Jackalo626

I shot my 27 for the first time yesterday and boy does it pack a punch. That thing has some kick to it. I know that it is a sub-compact but it really does let you know! It isn't meant to be a range gun so I don't mind as long as it is reliable for the carry situation I might face one day. (I'm sure it will be)

8. furbis41

furbis41

same deal here bought the 23 first then the 27, rarely carry the 23 now unless I feel like having a newyork reload.

9. 1canvas

1canvas

the more you shoot it the less the recoil will be an issue. a glock guy at the range showed me to just make sure that the middle finger of your shooting hand has most of the preasure. if you have an extension on and preasure from your pinky on it that will make the grip rock more in your hand. i could not believe how easy it was to control without the extension once he showed me.

10. CDW

CDW

I went through the same progression. I've gone one step further now to the Kahr PM40. If you think the switch from 23 to 27 made a difference, wait until you get around to trying out the PM40. It is a joy to carry. I've started thinking about selling my 23 now that it and the 27 spend all their time in the safe. I still love my Glocks, but they feel seriously chunky next to the Kahr.

11. RioKid

RioKid

I bought my 27 and 23 the same day about 5 years ago. I carried the 23 for a long time and then about a year ago I switched to the 27 for edc and I leave my 23 in the console of my truck. The 27 is a great little carry gun IMHO.:cool:

12. Jackalo626

Jackalo626

I don't dislike it at all but it was a bit of a shock. I love the size and ordered 2 G22 mags last night to keep the reloading at the range to a minimum. It was purchased to fit in my motorcycle jacket pocket. It has very bright night sites that will definately help with the short barrel.

13. Milltown

Milltown

I sold my 30 and went to solely carrying a 21. I felt that as far as carrying went the extra weight and size of the 21 didn't make much of a difference.

14. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I recently went from my G30SF to my G26. That's a 7.75 oz reduction in weight and that, my friends, is a big reduction.

15. happy seal

happy seal