close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

aftec extractor

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by s0nny_g17, Jul 2, 2006.

1. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

compare sa ordinary extractor like ed brown ok kaya yung aftec na extractor for 1911?
    san kaya meron nun and how much?

medyo may problem na kasi yung extractor ko kaya balak ko bumili ng bagong extractor

kapag ipinuputok ko kasi un 1911 ko nde makalabas un shell, naiipit sya ng barrel and slide doon sa pinakawindow ng slide. pag minsan naman bumabaligtad lang un shell sa loob ng slide

2. jasonub

jasonub

aftec about 80 dollars without shipping. imo its the best extractor money can buy

3. isuzu

isuzu

What kind of extractor do you have on your 1911 now? Did you try having it tuned by a gunsmith? Even extractors with popular name brands won't function reliably if not properly tuned by a competent gunsmith.

Poor quality extractors don't usually maintain the tension that was set by the manufacturer or gunsmith. That's why you have reliability problems with them.

I've used Wilson extractors and they are decent. The Norinco extractor that came with my gun was also good.

Also, check for proper fit of the firing pin stop with the extractor. The firing pin stop might bee loose which could cause the extractor to "clock" or rotate.

Here's a link that I got from the 1911 forum: http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29239

Jasonub,

Do you have a website for the AFTEC extractors? Thanks!

4. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

thanks you fellow bogs

i checked my firing pin stop and meron ako nakita crack. medyo maluwag na rin yung firing pin stop ko kaya siguro gumagalaw yung extractor

magkano po kaya dito sa atin sa pinas yung aftec extractor? meron kaya nun mabilhan sa gun show?

5. jasonub

jasonub

6. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

sabi ng gunsmith ko it's not worth the money for a standard gun, pang open daw the best un. I say just go for a Caspian or Wilson. anyway, na-enlarge na ba ang ejection port mo?

7. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

hindi pa na-enlarge ejection port ko. pag bumili ba ako ng bago extractor kailangan ko pa rin ba ipa-fit/tune sa gunsmith?

san po ba meron ok na gunsmith malapit sa ust?

8. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Tony Pascual malapit lang dyan...dapat ifit talaga ng gunsmith para sure ka, kasi may tuning ma yan. u should have ur ejection port lowered para mas malaki ang clearance nya.

9. jasonub

jasonub

10. isuzu

isuzu

The gunsmith will give the extractor the tension it needs to positively grasp the empty shell. While you're at the gunsmith have your ejection port lowered (as per i_am_infinity's advise), barrel throated (if it wasn't throated yet), and feedramp polished. They help in the reliability of the pistol.

One more thing I want to ask you if you chamber your pistol through the magazine or not. Some old (and stubborn) friends of mine practice the wrong way of chambering their guns. They put a bullet in the chamber and let the slide slam on the bullet. This would eventually damage the extractor. The bullet is supposed to slide into the extractor when loaded through the magazine.