close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Affection

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by seb, Feb 2, 2004.

1. seb

seb

Just curious, how much is to much on being affectionate. Is there a limit on how affectionate you should be?? Being affectionate is not a problem for me, but was wondering if there is others out there who think they can go overboard on this. Possible there is a place set up for these kind of people and a shock therapy that is now readly available. If there is sign me up now.

2. Gillman

Gillman

this topic right now, as my S.O. is telling me that after 22 years together, she feels that I'm being TOO affectionate.... to the point of "smothering" her. And so now, she wants some space, some breathing room.
    You would think that a lady would love being told every day that she's beautiful, has gorgeous eyes, looks wonderful in that (dress, jeans, whatever).

I guess she thinks that I can't really mean it if I say it TOO often?
    Does that sound possible, to you ladies out there?

Good question, seb.
    G-Man

3. seb

seb

Thanks G-Man, coming from a very affectionate person, it feels wonderful to tell someone how she/he feels or looks. I prefer to be told this rather than to never have heard it. Did your SO grow up with a family that was not affectionate? If so she probably does feel like she is smoothering. I myself go through phase where I prefer to be left alone and not made over. Sounds like she is having one of those phases.

4. Gillman

Gillman

Wow, you've got her figured out. She DID come from a very non-affectionate family. Her Mom had a shrill, shrieking yell going most of the time. Her Dad never seemed to notice her unless he wanted to change her appearance, behavior, habits, you-name-it. You should be a psycho-analyst.

She probably really is going thru "one-of-those-phases" and hopefully, it will end soon so I won't have to pretend to be somebody different than myself by guarding every word that comes outa my mouth. (But I'm sure I do need to lay-off of the syrupy compliments so that she will know that I'm sincere when I do say something.)

GM

5. seb

seb

Thanks G-Man, Just drop me a check in the mail.

Dr. Terrie LOL