Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several (lots) of those floppy discs and this new Dell came w/o a drive for those things.:steamed:

I need something (external?) to access the stuff on those discs and I could use some input from anyone who has one so I can understand what I'm up against.
Thanks.:wavey:

·
Annoying Member
2,201 Posts
I have several (lots) of those floppy discs and this new Dell came w/o a drive for those things.:steamed:

I need something (external?) to access the stuff on those discs and I could use some input from anyone who has one so I can understand what I'm up against.
You can pickup external USB floppy drives at just about any electronics store or go online ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...xternal+floppy&name=Floppy+Drives&Order=PRICE

Check your local Wal-Mart ...

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...py+drives&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&ic=48_0

·
Knicker Knotter
4,719 Posts

Yeah I have an external FD and it works fine but it is what it is. Buy the least 'spensive, reliable you can, copy your files from the disks and be done with it.

Ask yourself the following question though: do I need that data or do I only want the data?

·
Registered
27,983 Posts
Yup, USB floppy drive. Simple as it gets.. ;)

IGF

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, all.
While I was fat-fingering the text this A.M., I forgot to mention that I haven't found one of those drives which says it will function with this infernal Vista.

Should I just get one which says it will run on XP, etc.??

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have an external FD and it works fine but it is what it is. Buy the least 'spensive, reliable you can, copy your files from the disks and be done with it.

Ask yourself the following question though: do I need that data or do I only want the data?
Want or need... excellent question. I think the only needed material involves some pictures and a couple of prized emails.

·
Registered
27,983 Posts
If you know what disks the "prized" files are on... Have you considered going to Kinkos or some place like that, seeing what they'd charge you to pull those files off, and burn them to a CD?

IGF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts