Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Anti-Anti
486 Posts
Depending on your preferred cheekweld, the ones in the link you gave might be too long. Definitely too long for me, personally. I like my cheek pretty close to the rear of the receiver, so an external receiver block like that isn't for me.

I just installed an internal receiver block for my Saiga-12 and attached an Ace pignose adapter so I could mount a Magpul MOE stock. It's got a perfect cheekweld, for me, even height wise. The only thing is, you need to chop off the rear tang to use an internal receiver block. Which is something some people don't want to do.

Here's my S12:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was concerned about that block outside the receiver as well. I know they still won't snug down quite as close, but what about using the CAA or VLTOR adapter tubes that require no gun mods?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have the Vltor with a CTR and really like it. Very solid (remember to loctite the two mounting screws, ask me how I know), very comfortable cheekweld that is in the correct vertical position (not too high or low). Installation takes 3 mins. My CTR does not lock up super solid in the closest to the receiver position. But even in the second position the LOP is shorter than a Warsaw length stock (don't have it in front of me or I would give you a measurement).

I have no experience with other stock adapters so can't compare it. Just know that pretty much any of these designs are going to add some weight. It is not as noticeable since it is at the rear. The extra weight tends to improve the balance of the AK, but again it is a little extra weight.

My second favorite upgrade to AK's after a Ultimak tube with a micro dot.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I was concerned about that block outside the receiver as well. I know they still won't snug down quite as close, but what about using the CAA or VLTOR adapter tubes that require no gun mods?

Also note the CAA is commercial and VLTOR is Mil-Spec.

·
5th Generation
434 Posts
I copied the guy with the sweet Draco sbr, Ace internal block with the AR15 folding interface and Magpul asap endplate.

Its rock solid and only costs about$30 more than the vltor adapter. Did have to cut the tang but it wasn't hard

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the Ace with the external receiver block and folding stock, 2 Ace folding stocks with the pig nose adapter, and the VLTOR tube.

If you plan to add a beryl style or dust cover rail like the DogLeg 2, then you will need the Ace external receiver block or the VLTOR tube.

If you want to do a folder, you will need the Ace receiver block (external or internal). If you do not plan to use a beryl style rail, but you want a folder, then I would suggest the internal receiver block. It looks better than the external, but you will have to cut the tang off.

If you do not want a folder, then I would get the VLTOR tube. It is rock solid and easy to install with no modifications needed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the Vltor with a CTR and really like it. Very solid (remember to loctite the two mounting screws, ask me how I know), very comfortable cheekweld that is in the correct vertical position (not too high or low). Installation takes 3 mins. My CTR does not lock up super solid in the closest to the receiver position. But even in the second position the LOP is shorter than a Warsaw length stock (don't have it in front of me or I would give you a measurement).

I have no experience with other stock adapters so can't compare it. Just know that pretty much any of these designs are going to add some weight. It is not as noticeable since it is at the rear. The extra weight tends to improve the balance of the AK, but again it is a little extra weight.

My second favorite upgrade to AK's after a Ultimak tube with a micro dot.
Thanks for reminding me about the loctite. I forgot, and checked my screws, and one was loose. I just Loctited them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts