close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advice on Competition Holster for Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Peter - BKK, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Peter - BKK

Peter - BKK

To date I have been using the Hogue Power Speed Universal holster for my unmodified Glock Model 34 in standard IPSC matches. But now I plan to use the Glock with the C-More sights and a longer ported barrel in open IPSC matches.

The C-More sight is mounted to the receiver with a mount supplied by Glockmeister. You can see a photo of a gun that is set up like mine on the lower half of the web-page at: http://glockstan.20megsfree.com/custom3.html The sight mount slides on the rail and sticks out of the left side of the gun about 7mm, running from above the trigger (the rear connection of the mount is a replacement steel trigger pin) forward to about halfway from the front of the trigger guard to the front of the slide. I hope all this makes sense to you...

Just one problem: with the sight mount running down the left side of the gun, the gun no longer fits properly in the Hogue holster. I can make it fit in at an angle but it is not very secure as it does not sit flat against the 3 magnets in the Hogue holster.

Right now, I am looking at three options:

1. Aluminator – have a modified version of their Aluminator-2 specifically for my modified “open” version of the Glock 34 – there’s even a photo on their website that is identical to my gun. They've responded quickly, positively and in great detail to my email request for information.

2. Rescomp - CR 2001 Glock Holster - an email response from the owner of Rescomp indicates that it will work OK but the email is a bit short on details.

3. Ghost – Still unclear if it will hold my configuration but they are checking with CustomGlockRacing.

Do you (or any other GlockListers) have a viewpoint on this choice or any of these options? Given that I have to buy it without seeing it and will have to pay so much in duty, taxes and shipping that I can not return it, I need as much data as possible before placing the order. Thanks.

2. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

Peter,

I would suggest you contact Matt yourself at Custom Glock and not rely on a third party. http://www.custom-glock.com/contact.html
    BTW I'm currently using CR Speed and it my opinion that it would work with your Open Configuration.

3. Peter - BKK

Peter - BKK

Raul,

Thanks. I think that I now have enough positive comments about the CR-Speed 2001 that I can go ahead and order one from South Africa.

Regards
    Peter

4. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban