Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've wanted to buy a USP for while now. mainly due to their legendary reliability. I would like a two tone model, I've never been a fan of all black guns. But the two tone models seem rarer than the normal ones, and thus, more expensive. I missed out on a full sized .45 stainless for $650. (https://web.archive.org/web/20190818214627/https://www.gunbroker.com/item/827081450) I'm rather peeved about that. I have several other guns I have been looking at. The first one I am heavily considering is a stainless USP 9 Compact. It comes a match weight, two mags, and the box/paperwork. He wants $1000 for it. Which I thought was expensive, but I this stainless USP 9 Compact just went for over 1000 on Gunbroker. https://web.archive.org/web/20190818224727/https://www.gunbroker.com/item/825573395
and the match weight seems kind of expensive on it's own. Would this be a good buy for $1000?

The other things I am looking at are a stainless USP .45 compact for $750, and a full size HK45 Tactical (desert tan) for $730. The problem with those two is the low cpacity. I'd like at least 12 rounds if can manage it. For that reason I've also been considering an FNX45 tactical, that I can get brand new for around $850 brand new. I gotta admit, 15 rounds of .45 is rather appealing.

I also could get a USP Match for $1650, but that more than I'd really like to spend unless it's an amazing deal.

So yeah, there you go. I make a modest income, but I've been saving for a while to get something nice. I want that USP 9 compact, but I am afraid that maybe that Gunbroker auction just went way too high, and $1000 might be overspending.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Used USP's seem to be getting cheaper, watch gunbroker, be patient, and get the one you want.
USP's are best in .45 auto.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Used USP's seem to be getting cheaper, watch gunbroker, be patient, and get the one you want.
USP's are best in .45 auto.
What do they go for today? I paid 500 for a barely used (literally looked NIB) 45 compact around five or six years ago. It's a fine handgun.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
That's what I paid last year for a full size. Thought it was a pretty good deal.
I've seen the 2 tones go for under $600.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Bombproof, legendary durability & reliability with the patented recoil spring. USP in .40 & 45 is where you notice the difference with the RSA....helluva firearm. Will never wear out because frame never takes any punishment with that RSA. Mark 23’s little brother

·
Native Mainiac
22,650 Posts
If you plan on mounting a light or laser on the rail you'll need an adaptor or get the expensive HK light. Not sure if they have changed to a standard rail recently, but that's the way it is on my older full sized USP model.

·
Banned
311 Posts
check Armslist. they got them for cheap!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a USP 45C and I like it a lot. I've collected some price history on the model:

Heckler & Koch USP 45C Blue Book of Gun Values (39th Edition) indicates between $560 in 95% condition and $715 in 100% condition for this gun (BBGV prices show a decline). I have 65 recorded prices for this model gun from $450 to $1176 over a period of 6 Yrs 3 Mos ending March 7, 2019. The average price as of that date was $756. No refurbs, no refinishes, regular sights. Adjusted to two magazines. All represented as 95% or better. No distinction for import location or engineering revision, if any, no special editions, no distinctions for box, papers, tools. Current or last MSRP is $819. The last 10 prices I have for this model since 11/21/2018 range from $463 to $687 averaging $590.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Check out a USP Expert in your preferred caliber. They have the match trigger and the barrel is fitted to the slide. These are accurate and a lot of fun to shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts