close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advice needed - RE: Swords for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by timinator, Jan 23, 2003.

1. timinator

timinator

I have a collection of over 50 swords that I am trying to pare down (no pun intended). Most of them are replicas of one kind or another, mostly in the $30 to $50 range, but a few of them I am selling for over $100 because of the quality of the sword itself and the blades (spring steel, etc.)

Can anyone give me some advice on if this is the right forum to sell such things or should I just go the e-bay route? I do know that with the shipping discounts I can get from my work, I can send them pretty cheaply. I was even thinking of selling them all as one giant lot, just to get them out of my house - what do you think?

2. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

I am into swords myself, I need a few more.

King Arthur Sword
    The Barbarian sword / sheath

ECT.....

If you have photos, I might take a few of them from you.

Bill

3. bigcozy

bigcozy

bladeforums.com
    knifeforums.com

4. timinator

timinator

Thanks, I'll give both of them a try

5. Bruz

Bruz

You should offer them first to your GT breathern, then try the others. Post some pics and see what happens!

6. timinator

timinator

I think that is good advice - here's what I have so far:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/timgesner/

Sorry there are not any descriptions or prices on the site but descriptions follow:

- the first is an actual Army sword, I purchased while in the military over 10 years ago - I'm asking $70.00 not including shipping (approx. $5 to $10) This sword is in excellent shape - no real nicks or anything - beautiful blade, maybe a few minor smudges or little marks on the scabbard, but that's it.

#2&3 a pair of replica foils with Mother-of-pearl(like?) handles made in Spain I believe - good for a wall, but I wouldn't fence with them.
    $50 for the pair, not including shipping (approx. $5 - pretty lightweight)
    Pretty fancy looking.

#4 - Fantasy sword with scabbard - wooden handle - brass guard - the blade has one full edge and one "false" edge. Blade is handmade & should take a good sharpening, but is fairly lightweight - I don't know it's measurements. $35 + approx. $5 shipping

#5 - Panamanian Machete - seen some hard use but is basically sound - the blade has been blackened by use on Pine trees, where the sap has "dirtied" the blade - takes a great edge - spring steel blade? - hard plastic handle - the sheath is very ornately worked - closeup is available on request. $25 + approx. $5.00 shipping

#6 & 7 replica swords - heavy metal, probably non-sharpenable - pretty good sized broadsword and "rapier" antique-looking swords. the broadsword has a swordbreaker attachment and the rapier has a metal handguard that has designs etched on it. Both have wire-wrapped handles and I think would be great for re-enactments or stagework - probably not good for actual "combat". $40 each ($70 for the pair) shipping should be about $5.00 each

#8 & 9 - Replica "3 musketeer" rapiers - slightly lighter blades than the #7 sword - one with a twisted guard the other with a "hammered" cup guard - both probably non-sharpenable antique-looking swords. Probably great for re-enactments, etc. Would look good on a wall. $40 each - ($70 for the pair) shipping should be about $5.00 each

#10 - replica Viking sword - leather-wrap grip - brass pommel and guard - good, super-heavy duty blade - this one would perform as well as an original - most likely sharpenable - very formidable for the Eric the Red wannabe out there - you better have some muscle in your arm! $55 - approx. $5 - $10 shipping.

#11 & 12 - already sold to a friend of mine - sorry.

If you have any requests - just ask - I have all sorts of stuff.

you can e-mail me if you have any questions or post a reply to this thread - thanks.

7. Drastic Plastic

Drastic Plastic Doc Holliday

Tim:

Please send me a close up jpeg or two of the machete and the sheath.

Thanks,

Doc

rohrer@voyager.net

8. Bruz

Bruz

Those are perdy...appreciate your honesty in stating the reproduction. Can you PM me on more info on the Army sword?

9. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

Could you e-mail a photo of the fantasy sword and the viking sword.

I am looking for both of them, do they both have sheaths for them. How much for both of them.

My E-mail is bbechtel@airmail.net

Thanks
    Bill

10. timinator

timinator

Thanks everyone for the great responses and advice.

Drastic Plastic - I will attempt to get the closeups for the machete and will put them online with the originals, but please be patient, it could be a day or two.

Bruz - I'm not sure what else you want to know about the army sword - I could start with a few more closeups if you would like - the sword is so shiny it looks chromed & is strictly a quality piece. I purchased it from the Fort Drum, NY base PX in 1992 I believe - other than that, i know almost nothing about it - I could try going online and looking around if you'd like.

Delta - the Viking does not have a scabbard - I'd be willing to sell you the two swords for $85 plus a straight $10 for shipping (United States - right?) If it costs any more than that to ship them together, I'll eat the cost.