Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have experienced two problems on this board with users using paypal. Not to say other boards don't have problems. My experiences though, are only with users here. I put in my ad's, Discreet paypal. Discreet for paypal means no firearms terms. If you use them, you get suspended.

I was selling a large supply of Win. Black Talon ammo a few months ago. When people wanted them, I asked for them to put in the description. X boxes or X amount. Examply: 5 boxes of 20. Or 3 boxes of 50. Instead, a user, after these instructions were given choose to put this. "I want 3 boxes of 50 rounds of ammo". Thus, ammo led me to a 3 month suspension.

Now, yesterday. I am selling brand new holsters for large and small frame Glocks. A guy makes me an offer, I accept. In the ad, is Discreet paypal. Well, in the paypal description it states, "Safariland holsters for smalll and large frame Glocks." And once again, I get a paypal notice of a suspension due to the sale of firearm(s) or firearm materials.
I won't list the people, because I'm not doing this to pay anyone back. I am doing this, so hopefully, users will know what discreet paypal is. You cannot use known firearm langauge.

I sold a Magpul MIAD for an AR. In the desription the guy put. Black grip for golf club. I knew what it was, and who to send it to.

If this is in the wrong place, I apoligize. Most probably won't even read this as it is mostly feedback. But it would be really nice if users would know this for future paypal experiences. Yes, we shouldn't use paypal for this. But so many do. It's just an FYI if you choose to.

Thank you,
Will

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's why I only deal with MO's. It may stretch out the time it takes to get everything shipped, but I don't have to deal with an anti-gun service like pay-pal.

On the other hand people need to listen and follow directions. I tend to think some people in here look at the purdy pictures and do not take the time to follow the directions the seller has posted. IE; the people who ask if something is still for sale weeks after the post has indicated the item is gone.

My advice would be, before giving them your pay-pal info, get them to call you or you call them. That way you can make it 100% clear to them what the deal is and how the transaction is supposed to go. Verbal communication is still far superior to written word IMO, at least if someone is un-clear about something you can break it down for them so that both of you are on the same page.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get what you are saying, and it is valid. I've done MO before, and I've been doing the paypal for several years, and never had a problem. Again, not bashing this board, as their are many fine people here I've found. I'm sure it could have happened anywhere. But, so far paypal has been a very good tool for me. It's all preference, I understand. Just thought I'd say something. If one person picks anything up out of this, it's one less headache for someone else. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will chime in here. When I saw discreet I thought you meant you didn't want your paypal account name disclosed. Which is why I had you send me the payment request.

In the future tell folks, what they can and can't put in the description.

According to Paypal policy, the sale of ammo through paypal is a violation of their terms of service. So if you got suspended for that, it makes sense.

But gun related products like holsters are not a violation of Paypal' ToS and you should not be banned or suspended for selling holsters using Paypal. Holsters are sold all the time on Ebay using Paypal with no suspension.

Regarding credit card processing, there are other processors that you could use to sell items and still take credit cards. I am sure a number of folks here could suggest ways to do that. My local bank charges jsut $20 a month and 3% transaction fee to take credit cards on-line. You can get similar deals from Costco and Sams Club. You may also want to look at Yahoo Store as another way.

I am very sorry if I got you suspended, I did not know what you meant by discrete.

But you shouldn't be suspended for selling holsters, they are legal under the Paypal ToS. As I said privately, I would write a letter to Paypal on your behalf if you desire. They shouldn't have bounced you for selling a holster.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Dealing with PayPal is a nightmare. Never ever mention anything firearms-related in the description! Even if it is "ok" under their ToS, they can shut you down and it's a huge inconvenience.

·
Super Moderator
11,538 Posts
Dealing with PayPal is a nightmare. Never ever mention anything firearms-related in the description! Even if it is "ok" under their ToS, they can shut you down and it's a huge inconvenience.
bingo!!!
they make it hard for you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts