Advice for how to find puppy a new home?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Phantast, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Phantast

Phantast

I've made the tough decision that the black lab / st. bernard mix puppy we got about 4 months ago (he's now 7 months old) would have a better life with somebody else.

Long story short, we don't have the space or time that he deserves, and because of that he ends up locked up in a kennel for most of the day. Don't get me wrong, he's a great dog, and we've got another 1 year old St Bernard that we did great with, but the lab in this one is just more than we were bargining for.

Here he is at 3 months:

[​IMG]

Has anybody else here ever chosen to do this, and can you give me any advice on how to make sure he finds a good home?

Thanks

2. jpzaf

jpzaf Confused?

I would call the local Humane Society. They could probably find someone for you or give you the name of a breed specific rescue in your area. I am not a fan of the Humane Society of the US, but the work they do on a local level is top notch.

I'm sure it's a tough decision but wait until you find a good home(I'm sure you will). Good luck.