close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advantages of pistol blast suppressors?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by donn, Mar 2, 2003.

1. donn

donn

Besides noise suppression and masking shooter location, are their any other advantages that blast suppressors (I read that intregal suppressors sacrifice to much power)give to hunting pistols?

I am considering the purchase of a 10 mm with 22 conversion for hunting and backup and was wondering if a suppressor would improve accuracy by reducing recoil and by the lengthening of the barrels.
    It seems like this lengthening of the barrel would improve the accuracy on the short barreled semiautos but I have not found anything written on this subjet.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated

2. DragonRider

DragonRider

Recoil reduction is the other use. I have a Vortex Flash/Recoil Reducer on my HK USP Tactical .45. Take a look at these http://www.ccfa.com/flash.htm I've seen advertisements for Glock versions of the suppressor.

Good Luck

3. Pistol Packin' Pete

Pistol Packin' Pete

It doesn't typically lengthen the barrel per se, because the suppressor isn't part of the barrel. Many (maybe even most) states outlaw hunting with a suppressor, so you should check up before you proceed. The only practical advantage I can see in hunting is that it can reduce/eliminate hearing damage. So can a set of electronic muffs, and they cost lots less and enhance your ability to hear other noises.