Advantage Arms Range Report (LE 17-22, non-Gen4)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Schrag4, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Schrag4

Schrag4

Ok, so I got my new AA kit on Monday, and tonight the wife and I took it to the range. I picked up 100 CCI MiniMags, and I already had most of a bulk pack of Rem Golden Bullets. I intended to shoot 100 of each.

So we start with the CCI ammo. On the very first shot, stovepipe. HOWEVER, the next 99 were flawless. I gotta say, I was pretty happy about that.

Then on to the Rem GB. I only fired 20 rounds because that stuff was so dirty, I was afraid to keep going. Oh, and I did have one failure to feed in that batch of 20 (right near the end). I mean, that stuff was leaving a cloud of smoke, and it was all over the gun. Is that normal for that ammo? If so, I'll stick with CCI, cause IMO it's well worth the premium.

As far as accuracy goes, I think I could tell a slight difference between the CCI and RemGB (CCI was better), but to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly a crack shot. Both were more accurate than I am, I have a long way to go. I will say that I could put the CCI's in a tighter group than I could my target .40 ammo, mostly because I'm still trying to learn to overcome recoil anticipation, which obviously isn't there with the .22LR kit.

So far, so good! I can't wait to get out to the private ranges and do some much longer plinking sessions now that I can afford it.

2. TcRoc

TcRoc Phillies Fan !!

I primarily use the Rem GB.. Bulk is cheap and the stuff works,, 22 is known as a filthy round. Its a gun not a diamond,, shoot it clean it
    I'd rather spend the 20 bucks on 525 round bulk box of Rem GB.

I really like my AA kit.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

3. Flipz

Flipz

+1

All .22lr rounds are dirty. Yes, some are cleaner then others. But it is a minor difference. I use Rem GB's exclusivey in my AA kit. The only thing I dont like about them is that by the end of the day my fingers are gold from the plating rubbing off on them when loading the magazines. Otherwise, I have no problems with Rem GB's. They function the best in my kit with 99% reliability,and theyre cheap and easily available.

As far as them making your gun dirty, its a gun, its gonna get dirty if you shoot it. My suggestion, dont worry about it. You have to clean the kit after youre done at the range anyway. Who cares if its a tiny bit dirtier. It doesnt make the cleaning any harder. Just clean as usual.

Again, congrats on the purchase. Its a great kit that will allow you some cheap shooting fun. And in the end, thats what matters.

4. f150man

f150man

Rem GD suck! Try Win Xpert bulk they are alot better. I actually prefer the Fed Lightening in the 50rd boxes.

5. Lurkus Maximus

Lurkus Maximus

I'd be curious to get a report on the condition of your conversion after the first two or three thousand rounds if possible. This from the AA website gives me concerns about using ammo other than CCIMM or RGB:

NOT Recommended: Any Winchester ammo, any Federal ammo other than AutoMatch, Remington Thunderbolts, CCI Blazers, Stinger or any other hyper velocity ammo, any standard velocity ammo other than the Remington 22 Target.

Of course, they don't say WHY anywhere. :wavey:

6. Flipz

Flipz

Im curious. Do you mean that Rem GB's suck in general or in your kit? Do you have an AA kit?

7. CrossEyedShooter

CrossEyedShooter

Yep, the Rem GB are dirty - but who cares? Clean the gun and move on :) I shoot them with maybe 10 FTF / FTE per box of 550 - that is well worth the very very very low cost of $20 per box.

One box gives me 3 hours of shooting at the range - and not the slow & steady single shot, but rapid fire fun - can't beat that with a stick.

Forgot to mention - the Lubriplate grease works well on this kit - it stays in place as the gun gets reallllyyyy hot, where the breakfree oil seems to migrate a bit as the gun gets hot.

It attracts dirt like mad, BUT you can easily shoot 700+ rounds without any maintenance required. I purchased mine for $10 at www.applied.com - item# 3750832

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  8. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

My AA 20-21 kit use to feed Golden Bullets better than Minimags, but now it's reverse. After a couple hundred rounds though, which is super dirty, failures are at least one in two mags. A quick clean helps. Great accuracy! I shot Monday at the range plinking some hanging steel plates. Super addictive! Shot 100rds of Minimags and 50rds of Golden Bullets. I asked for two more mags for Christmas. I haven't attempted the gain capacity yet in the mags. I'd like to mimic at least 13rds since that is what my G21 capacity normally is... As far as the kit, I like it. Highly recommended!

9. Schrag4

Schrag4

Thanks guys. I'll reserver final judgement on the Rem GB ammo until I've eaten though the rest of that box. As far as the comments about all 22LR ammo being dirty, it was night and day difference between the CCIMM and the RemGB. However, if the gun still functions fine after several hundred RemGB then I guess I don't care. It'll matter a lot less when I get outside to do some shooting, too, since the cloud of smoke won't linger in front of my face!