Advantage arms lubrication?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by brianr34, Oct 18, 2010.

1. brianr34

brianr34

I picked up an Advantage arms kit for my G17. I understand that the AA kit likes to run "wet".

I normally lube my G17 with Slide Glide (lite). Has anyone used Slide Glide on their AA kit with good success? I thought maybe the Slide Glide would be more effective than oil for an extended shooting at the range (300-400 rounds)

I have a Boresnake, so I figured I would run that through every 100-150 rounds.

2. tinman517

tinman517

Congrats on your new AA kit. Yes, they like to run wet. I have 2 AA kits and I am very generous with the lubrication. Be sure to add a drop of lubricant on the blind side of the ejector where it runs against the slide.

My 19/23 AA kit has cycled some 7,600 rounds. It runs trouble free if I use the recommended ammo. For these AA kits, I mainly use 40 gr. CCI Mini Mags or similar copper plated ammo. I have used 40 gr. Blazer with success. However, the barrel requires a quick cleaning with a bore snake every 50 rounds to remove the leading. The kit runs fine with the Blazer, but the accuracy goes in to the toilet.

I use MPro 7 gun oil LPX (used to be the MPro 7 CLP) on all of my handguns and rifles, as a lubricant.

3. kd4lzk

kd4lzk Lifetime Member

AA 22LR conv kit 19-23 on a G23 frame with copper anti-seize works great for me. I usually shoot between 250-400rds of Remington Golden Bullets per visit with no problems and no build ups. :cool:

4. banger

banger

I fail to see a problem.

Try it any way you like....

If it fails...oil it up to the max....problem solved.

If it runs rather dry, with no problems....you have just solved one of the mysteries of life.

I really wouldn't over think this issue.

5. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Had one since the company started up.
    Clean is more useful than wet or dry.
    :supergrin:

6. gocubs6

gocubs6

Just picked one up today. Is it normal for the slide to be a bit stiff when pulling it back?

7. kymarkh

kymarkh

After a few hundred rounds the wet with lube requirement goes away for the most part. These kits definitely get better with use in my experience.