close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advantage Arms Glock Conversion Kit question.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SalfromCal, Jan 26, 2010.

1. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Can somebody explain to me which Advantage Arms Glock Conversion Kit is the recommended to buy and why:

L.E. 17-22
    L.E. 26-27
    L.E. 29-30

I'm asking because never had the oportunity of using one of these Conversion Kits and will like to try one but not sure on which of the 3 different model of Glocks works the best G17, G26 or G30?..:upeyes:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. G26ster

G26ster

Good luck finding one new or used. Advantage Arms is backordered at least 14 weeks. No online dealer has any, and I have called AA dealers all over the U.S. without success. I am trying to find one new or used for the G26. The demand is extremely high, but you'd think the mfg could do better to keep up with demand. I noted from their website they are only open 9AM to 1 PM during the week, and they closed for 4 days to go to the Shot Show. Maybe that has something to do with the extreme backorder time.:shocked:

3. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Sorry for my "not so clear question" but napp32 responded to what I wanted to know. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. Willard

Willard Who, me?

The model numbers correspond to the GLOCK model you are buying the conversion for. If you have a GLOCK 17, you need the LE 17-22.

5. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Sorry for my "not so clear question" but napp32 responded to what I wanted to know. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

I still don't full understand what you're asking but...
    They're going to work pretty much the same on each gun. I have one on my 30 and it works great! Do you have all three guns? It will work best on the gun you have. If you have a Glock 17 then you order the AA kit L.E. 17-22.
    Does a 17 shoot better than a 26 or 30? It's all subjective to who's shooting it. If you look at their site the kit will fit more than just the models you listed.

^^ike

7. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

You have to use the kit that fits your gun. L.E. 17-22 wont work on a G29 or G30. If you own G17 G26 and G30 then Id go with the LE17 kit just because I like that model better than the others. Ive never heard of one AA kit working better than another AA kit. What does seem to matter is the ammo. I had best results with CCI-mini mags through my LE 19-23

8. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Do you have those 3 model of Glock?
    If you do what do you carry the most?
    I assume you are getting the conversion kit for practice and would think that the purpose of practice is to get better with the gun you use the most.
    I shoot a G17 in competition and carry a G22 at work. I bought the 17LE kit and I love it.
    I just cleaned it up last Friday and put it back on the frame. Speaking of which, if you can buy an extra frame, make yourself a dedicated 22. I find it much more convenient than replacing the slide every time.

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

the 17-22 kit works only on the Glock 17, 18, 22, 31 and possibly 37
    the 26-27 kit works only on the Glock 26, 27, 33 and possibly 39
    the 29-30 kit works only on the Glock 29 and model G30

There are two different TYPES of kits. LE & non LE. The LE kit has Glock-like sights. The non LE kit has (imho) less than stellar sights.

'Drew

10. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Like others have said, the model number is for the model of glock you own.

I never shot one but, I talked to a few owners online, and I seen a couple reviewed on youtube, and everyone seems to like them and they are pretty reliable.

I really wanted to get an Advantage arms conversion kit for my G19, but I have be having difficulty getting one new or used. I was going to settle on getting a Walther P22 or a Sig mosquito, but another company called Tactical Solutions is coming out with a glock conversion kit soon. Hopefully this will be just as good as the AA coversion kit and will relieve some of the backlog.

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I have a full sized and a subcompact kit.

Both work fine.

'Drew

12. napp32

napp32

I think the OP is saying that he owns (or has access to) a G17, G26, and a G30. He knows that the conversion kits are different for each model. He only wants to buy one conversion kit. His question is whether one combination of conversion kit and gun model performs better than another combination.

Sorry, OP, I don't have experience with any of them. I suspect you will not get the definitive answer you seek.

13. Ifticar

Ifticar

If you are looking to buy a Glock and then add a conversion kit then it really does not matter which Glock you get. The only thing to consider is getting a model with the least units on back order. I have had my LE 19-23 on backorder since March '09.

14. AgentAdam

AgentAdam Glock Master

There website recommends different ammo for the G19 than the G17 so they do perform 'different'.

15. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

I have a chance to purchase the LE 26-27 and/or the the LE 29-30 at a reasonable price (lower than the LE 17-22) but the barrels/slide on these units look to short for target shooting so, I'm thinking about it..:upeyes:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  16. Glocken-spiel

Glocken-spiel

sent you a PM regarding a possible source.

17. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

18. G26ster

G26ster

At a gun show here in Texas today, saw several vendors with AA kits. One, Big State Distributors, had several for various Glock models.

info@bigstatedist.com

Tel: 972-446-4774
    Info: 214-533-1911
    Fax: 972-446-1548
    Another had one kit for the 20/21

Brigade Armory
    www.brigadearmory.com
    870-918-8607

No affliation with either, but I know how hard these are to find, so I'm just passin' along the info.

19. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Yep, I've had both kits and can confirm this (in my instance anyways.)