Advantage Arms Ammo Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ported19, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Ported19

Ported19

Over time, the AA recommended ammo list has changed.

It appears that Rem Golden bulk pak HP is now okay. They used to reccomend High Velocity Solids only. I have tried the bulk pak Golden HP and they do work. The CCI Mini Mag recommendation does not mention solids or hollow points.

I can't find any solids. Do the Mini-Mag Hollow Points work as well as the solids?

I can find those.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. tinman517

tinman517

I have had excellent success with the solid copper plated 40 gr. CCI Mini Mags and Fiocchi high velocity rounds.

I have yet been able to locate the Remington Golden Bullets or the Federal AutoMatch ammo.

I think that if you stay with high velocity solid plated 40 grain rounds, you should be fine.

3. Ported19

Ported19

The new recommendation is also model specific. The 45 cal frames have a slightly different list.

Small Frames
    Federal Automatch, Remington Golden Bullets, 550 round Bonus Pack, CCI Mini Mags and Remington 22 Target, packaged 100 rounds in a 3 inch square clear box with a green and blue label.

Large Frames
    20-21, 29-30 - Remington Golden Bullets, 550 round Bonus Pack, CCI Mini Mags, and Remington 22 Target, packaged 100 rounds in a 3 inch square clear box with a green and blue label.

No distinction is made about solids or hollowpoints are 40gr bullets anymore.