close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advantage Arms 22LR Conversion for Glock 20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SilverState, Dec 18, 2006.

1. SilverState

SilverState

I was at the Gun Show today and bought an Advantage Arms 22LR Conversion for my Glock 20 from Glock Doctor (aka Desert Scorpion). It came with the mag and a cleaning kit consisting of round patches, BreakFree CLP, rod, and attachments. The conversion itself consists of a lightweight upper with barrel, spring, rod, adjustable sights, etc.

I took it to the range after leaving the Gun Show and without cleaning or lubricating it. I put a hundred rounds of cheapo no-name brand ammo (from the gun show) through it.

At first, maybe because it was brand new and needed some breaking in, or maybe because there was no lube whatsoever, it would fire but not cycle. Fortunately, that only lasted a few rounds. After that, it was pretty reliable with the occasional ftf/fte.

I bought the conversion upper because I am recovering from a broken shoulder and have not been able to shoot for the last three months. I figured that starting with a .22 was a good way to ease back into things. I was right. It was a lot of fun! I am surgically accurate with it. There is NO recoil. And it is UBER inexpensive. $14 for 500 rounds.

If you have been considering getting one of these conversion kits, I would highly recommend it for the range. Not something you want to use to defend your life, but lots of inexpensive fun at the range. I am sure my wife would like using it as well, and when my kid gets old enough, it will be a great way to introduce him to pistols.

2. SilverState

SilverState

3. SilverState

SilverState

Took the conversion to the range again this weekend. THIS TIME, I cleaned/lubed it before shooting. It performed well. It was 99% reliable with only 1 FTF using cheesey noname brand .22LR ammo from the gun show. Amazing how much better guns perform when clean and lubed... In contrast, my Wilson Combat (Marvel) 1911 22LR conversion would not feed the noname gun show ammo at all.

So, I am very pleased with the kit. Even using the wrong ammo (i.e. ammo that is not recommended by Advantage Arms for this kit), it fed, fired, and ejected pretty reliably.

And, unlike the WC kit, the sights are hiviz Glock-type adjustable sights with a white dot front sight.

4. HK_Rebel

HK_Rebel

How much did the conversion kit cost you?

5. SilverState

SilverState

It was around $250.

6. SilverState

SilverState

Received my four additional AA .22LR mags from Top Glock this week and took them to the range today.

Did I mention Top Glock gives GlockTalk members a discount?

Five mags is must. Having to keep reloading one mag is for the birds!

At least my shoulder has healed enough so that I was able to shoot a few hundred rounds of .45acp without a problem (nice tight groups).

7. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

Thanks for the info and range report. I have been toying with the idea of one of these for years...
    :wavey:

8. LAK Supply

LAK Supply Sick 10-head

Sounds like a winner! I've thought about buying one too. . . I've always thought that, in a SHTF scenario, my G-20 (with the 6" Jarvis) & .40 conversion barrel (for obtaining plentiful ammo if the 10mm runs out), Mech-Tech conversion, and .22 upper would provide everything needed to survive most anything. I was looking at both the Mech Tech CCU and Advantage kits today. You may have just sealed the deal on one of those. . . . man, my wife is going to be mad at you! :chatter:

9. SilverState

SilverState

At least the ammo is VERY inexpensive...

:supergrin: