Advantage Arms .22lr Conversion Compatibility with Polymer 80

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by JAA, Nov 25, 2018.

1. JAA

JAA

Anyone have any experience with the Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit being successfully used with the Polymer 80/PF940Cv1? I’m interested in any & all comments successful or not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

Just a suggestion. I’d give AA a call an speak with one of the techs. You’ll prob end up with more info than what you may get here.

3. JAA

JAA

Understand, per their website, they say it is Not compatible but I have read comments in various forums that say it is. Just trying to get some real world comments from those that may have tried and either failed or were successful but had to tweak the Polymer 80 or conversion kit. Thanks

4. JAA

JAA

Update, have over 300 rnds through my Polymer 80 frame with the Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit. It works great. The only ammo I’ve had a problem with is the AM22. Tends to Stove Pipe.
    Shot a Steel Match this weekend and alternated between my after marked Glock 19 upper & the Advantage Arms .22lr Kit. Used Federal’s 788BF and not a single issue! This is a winner for me!

5. JAA

JAA

As an FYI, shot another Steel match today with the Advantage Arms.22lr Conversion Kit upper and my Polymer 80 lower. Put another 133 rnds of Federal’s 788BF thru it and it performed flawlessly. This is a keeper. No further posts unless I run into problems.

6. Glock_HK

Glock_HK

Paid over 300 for it used.
    I shot pistol match 40gn and copper 22s

20190322_190901.jpg

7. JAA

JAA

Hope it performed well for you. As I mentioned earlier, it doesn’t like the AM22. Tends to stove pipe with it. Works well with Blazer #0021, CCI’s #0032 and Remmington’s 16622C sling with Federal/Champion 745.
    Are you using a Glock 19 frame?

8. Glock_HK

Glock_HK

I've had this problem with the primers getting caught in the extraction port on several occasions.

It has a problem with light strikes and refuses to lock back on the last round.

9. JAA

JAA

Sorry to hear that your having problems.
    Was Advantage Arms of any help in trying to resolve the problems?
    Mine continues to lock back each and every time with each of the 5 mags I use. As an FYI, I run the AA upper very wet ie use a lot of CLP each and every time.

10. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

I really like my Advantage Arms.22lr Conversion Kit. I was going to buy a P80 but decided just to buy another Glock 17 to put it on, so I did. :fred:

11. JAA

JAA

Congrats
    Hope your having as much fun with it as I am and it is running trouble free for you.

Glock Commander likes this.
  12. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

Yes. I take it to my range and if anyone asks about Glock. That is my loaner. Remington Golden Bullets have been 100% perfect as well as the CCI Mini-Mag.

Being a senior with a joint disease I can still shoot frequently too.

13. JAA

JAA

Glad the AA Conversion unit is working for & you found .22lr ammo that consistently goes bang for you.
    More importantly, that by using the AA kit, it allows you to continue to enjoy shooting while not taking a heavy toll on your body.
    Take care!

14. dudel

dudel

My AA kit works fine with my Polymer 80 frame. I bought the frame specifically for the AA kit (gen3 IIRC). I wanted to leave the AA uppper more or less permanently mounted. I used stock Glock parts in the receiver; and no problems yet. I use the Remington Golden Bullet as it's one of the recommended bullets for the AA kit.

15. JAA

JAA

Congrats
    Your experience mirrors mine to date with the AA upper & my Polymer 80 lower. Guess AA was just trying to conver themselves when in the FAQ’s they do not recommend or encourage it. The closer your Polymer 80 build is to spec the better chance you have of it working.
    I do switch the upper out to my 9 MM upper to shoot USPSA & Steel at times. I’ve even shot one steel Match with both my 9MM upper & the AA upper. Talk about confusing and switching out the uppers in a timely manner so as not to hold up our squad by I did it successfully. Now if I was just a better shooter.

16. Lot

Lot

Not sure if I should make this a new thread or not, but I'm hoping someone can help me trouble shoot my AA kit and P80 frame.

It's a well-used AA kit that I've had for years, and the P80 is brand new.

The problem seems to be between the AA barrel and either the slide lock or locking block of the P80.

When attaching the slide to the frame, the final step of pushing on the muzzle of the barrel fails to make the slide lock lever click into the "up" position.

I tried swapping parts with other slide lock levers and slide lock lever springs, thinking that used parts would have worn engagement services and lighter spring tension, thinking if it was just a slightly too tight tolerance issue.

Any ideas?

17. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I have not used my AA Kit on a P80 frame.
    Mine works great on a gen2 G-17 frame, and even better on a gen3 G-17 frame.

18. JAA

JAA

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  19. Lot

Lot

Thanks both for your comments. @Rusty Guns yep this particular AA kit normally runs AOK on my Gen 2 19 frame, so I know the kit is solid. @JAA yes I'm good on that front. Before swapping the new spring for a used one, I also was wondering if maybe it wasn't seated deeply enough, so was creating more upward tension on the SLL than necessary. I put several mags worth of live rounds through a centerfire upper on this frame yesterday, so I'll do that some more and maybe things will wear in.
    Haven't found much else on the web about this but I'll keep looking.

20. Lot

Lot