close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Kit Shooting Way Too High

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by daviglock, May 17, 2017.

1. daviglock

daviglock

I have a new Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my gen3 Glock 19. Everything is good except for ... it shoots consistently about 1.5"-2" higher than POA at 7 yards! This is with the adjustable rear sight at its lowest setting. Two of my friends' AA kits have the exactly same issue.

Is this what to be expected with the AA kit? It is not that useful as a training tool if it shoots so much off POA ..

I tried a shorter fixed glock rear sight (6.1mm), and it actually doesn't change anything. Still shooting 2" high at 7 yard distance.

Anyone has the same issue? If so, what good ways have you found to correct it? I would like to make it just like my G19 - POI = POA.

2. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

At least it is shooting. Mine wasn't very reliable (it seemed to be Ok a first) and I sold it. A friend has one and has sent it back twice and still can't get it to run reliability.

When mine did work, it seemed to shoot POA/POI.

While not a "Glock", the S&W M&P 22 pistols seems to work pretty well if you want something similar.

daviglock likes this.

3. daviglock

daviglock

Interesting. Was your kit for gen3 g19 ?

Reliability is pretty good on mine - 100% with mini mags. about 2-3 malfunction with Aguila or federal bulk ammo.

But if I have to hold it so differently from my g19, it's not very useful ..

4. BC42

BC42

I bought my gen3 G19 kit used and it shot POI/POA. The rear plastic sight was loose so I ordered a steel 6.5mm and still shoots POI/POA.

Maybe try a taller front sight?

My kit runs CCI MiniMags and Remington GB 36 HP and 40g RN flawlessly. I've been trying a bunch of different ammo not on the recommended list and found CCI Blazers, CCI Stingers, Aguila HV and Winchester M22 work great too. I didn't know about the Stingers being longer cases until after I shot about 20 rds (2 mags). My friend had some and I tried it. I have some Velocitors and Federal AutoMatch but haven't tried them yet. CCI SV cycles about 50% of the time and Federal AE 40g turns it into a single shot pistol.

5. daviglock

daviglock

Then I don't understand why mine and my friend's kit all shoot 2" high :(

Where can I find a cheap, taller front sight? It looks like I will need one at least 1mm taller than the Glock stock front sight..

6. daviglock

daviglock

Found something. AmeriGlo makes a 0.25" tall white-dot front sight (vs 0.16" for Glock's stock sight) for $25. This should do the trick!

7. ken grant

ken grant

I have 3 G19 kits , 2 for G21 ,1 each for 26/27 and 30 . Also 1 for a 1911 . They all work great with certain ammo and a couple seem to work great with everything I have tried that are H.V.
    My newest kit (26/27) shot high like your's and I contacted AA and they sent me a higher front sight at no charge.

daviglock and BC42 like this.
  8. JustJustin

JustJustin

My G19-Gen4 kit was a dialed in out of the box, and shoots POA at 7 yards quite well with CCI or Remington GB. Give Advantage a call!

daviglock likes this.
  9. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I would call Advantage about both of them.
    They may tell you to send the entire Kit back complete with all mags.
    They will go through it completely and resolve the problem. Then they will call you back and tell you what they did, and ask if you had any other problems with it. Then send it back free of charge, and shipping. all it will cost you is to send to them.
    I have had mine for about ten years, and used it to shoot competition with, and thought it was worn out, because it started to double feed, and stovepipe.
    They went completely through it end to end, replaced return spring, polished feed ramp, sent me a new mag.
    It was less than two weeks door to door. They e-mailed me when they received it, called me when it was repaired, and e-mailed when it was shipped back.
    I'm happy with them, they could have told me it was worn beyond repair, and I would have bought another one.

pgg00, daviglock and BC42 like this.
  10. daviglock

daviglock

I don't know why I didn't think about simply calling AA :) Perhaps because of the rumor I heard about them being hard to reach..

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a call.

11. daviglock

daviglock

Just called Advantage Arms ... it was actually very easy to reach them :) And the lady on the phone was nice and helpful. A taller front sight is on the way.

Thanks again for the suggestions, guys. Now I should cancel my order for that Ameriglo sight, sight tool, etc ..

BC42 and pgg00 like this.
  12. Terry G

Terry G

I bought the AA kit for my G-21. I have had no problems with reliability at all using Remington Golden Bullet, Mini-Mags, and Winchester HV. What I do have a problem with is me shooting high from a draw. The slide is so noticeably lighter than the .45 slide I just shoot too high. From a two handed set stance it shoot's to the POI. The Kadet Kit form my CZ75D is about the same weight as the 9MM slide so I don't have this problem. This AA kit is recently bought, maybe their making the sights a bit higher?

13. daviglock

daviglock

Terry, on my AA kit for G19, the slide dimension is identical to the 9mm stock slide. But maybe the kit for G20/21 is different. I don't know ... never seen one in person. I do recall seeing somewhere that the AA kit for gen3 G20/21, or gen3 G29/30, or both, was discontinued. Don't know what to make out of that.

14. allegro

allegro

I've had my AA kit for many years and thousands of rounds, happy rounds !

Mine is the LE version and has adjustable rear sights. I did have to adjust at the first shooting experience but it has been amazing from that point forward.

Good luck.

15. Terry G

Terry G

I bought the G21 AA Kit last Fall, and it did have a warning about not using it on the Generation Four G21. The slide is noticeably lighter than the .45 slide.

16. BubbaBlades

BubbaBlades