Adsvantage arms 9th round fail to fire 75%+

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bronco1500, Feb 17, 2010.

1. bronco1500

bronco1500

Ok, I have an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit for my g22. I brought it out for the first time this past weekend. I have two mags. At least half of the time when the 9th round chambered and I pulled the trigger the round would not fire.

I have years of experience with .22lr and I know that duds do exist....sometimes they are very gun/firing pin specific. So overall I understand that not all 22 ammo will go bang every time. However, this was over and over that the gun would go click, I would drop the mag and there was one round left in the mag. I would rack the slide ejecting the "dud" then insert the last round. It would fire. Then I would load the "dud" and on the second strike it would go off. This happened with both mags. I was using Remington golden....the ammo that A.A. recommends. The gun was cleaned/oiled before shooting.

What is weird is it was only the 9th round, and almost every time. I would actually feel better about it if it was not always the 9th round. Anybody heard of this? Any experience? Any easy fixes?

I'm not too concerned about it as far as it’s not my "go to" home defense set up. I mostly bought if for practice on the fundamentals of holster presentation. I only put about 150 rounds through it (pain in the butt to load) so it’s not fully broken in.

Any Ideas?

Thank you gentlemen your help is greatly appreciated.

2. HK Dan

HK Dan

2 things. Let's make sure it's not the gun:

1) Don't lube it like a GLOCK. Run it wet.
    2) Use only recommended ammo that goes faster than 1250 FPS. I use Remington Golden Bullets and have not had a problem since that change.

G'luck buddy!
    Dan

3. bronco1500

bronco1500

Mostly the gun functioned great. No fte, or ftf. Just the 10% failure to go boom.....and alway on round # 9. Maybe the gun is a beatles white album fan....number nine, number nine, number nine.....anybody?:whistling:

I'm perplexed. Guess I need to put it through its paces heavy next time out.

4. leadslinger13

leadslinger13

Thats odd as i have never had that issue with mine while using gold bullets. I have tried some other rounds and they never function as well. Never an issue with the Remington's. I have found that the new winchester plated "333" box seems to work as well. perplexing. i would call AA they do answer the phone and offer tech help.

5. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

Take it out a few more times. When I first bought mine I had some sort of problem with at least one round out of every mag. Now that I'm at about 600 rounds through it and rarely ever have problems now.

6. bronco1500

bronco1500

Thats what I think Ill do. The original post was mostly to see if this was a common problem.

Thank you all. Ill let everybody know what happens

7. snowcrash75

snowcrash75

or just load 8 rounds per mag :) ...damn you, 9th round!!!

8. Flipz

Flipz

It definitley takes more than 150 rounds to break the kit in. Some people have no problems whatsoever right from the start but the majority of us have some isolated problems until around 500 rounds.

I do agree that it is perplexing that it only happens on the 9th round. Does it happen with both mags or just one of them? If it just happens with one of them it is probably a bad mag, either spring or mag housing.

My suggestion:
    Keep shooting it. Most, if not all problems will be resolved once it has had enough rounds to really break it in. And I echo the comment above about not lubing it like you would normally for your Glock. Run in pretty wet, and check to make sure there is still enough lube in it after 150-200 rounds. If it needs more, give it more.

9. hunt_ak

hunt_ak

How is the AA kit versus the Ceiner conversion?

10. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

yeah mine took a while to break in, when i does it spin the bullet and make sure it closes all the way, is it just one mag or both?

11. Flipz

Flipz

From what I have heard (since Ive never used the Ciener Kit) the AA kit is far superior. Ive not only heard this from Glock owners that have tried the Ciener kit but also from shop owners who have sold them. Many of the shop owners that I spoke with will no longer sell the Ciener kit due to the amount of unsatisfied buyers.

12. tinman517

tinman517

Hmmm . . . Interesting . . . Only on the 9th round. As others have mentioned, does this happen for both mags?

Assuming that the 9th round is properly seated in the chamber and not a feeding issue, this is a very odd occurrence.

Give it a few more mags of ammo. Try loading only 9 rounds and see what happens. Please keep us updated. Good luck to you.

13. mboylan

mboylan

RGB are known for having too many duds. Could be coincidence. Get a few hundred CCI mini-mags. Lube it generously and break it in.

14. chemboy

chemboy

Good to know about the lubrication aspect of the conversion, as I have the AA kit for my G21 on the way, may even have it tomorrow!

15. Flipz

Flipz

Knock on wood. I havent had a single dud in more than 700 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets through my AA kit. Infact they feed better than the CCI Mini Mags do.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  16. bronco1500

bronco1500

over 2k through it now. The 9th round thing is no longer an issue. Just the occasional dud. Keep it clean and heavily lubed is all she asks. Suprisingly accurate also....

17. BSA70

BSA70

Had mine about 2 years, put many round thru it. Mine will shoot feds ok, Have more issues that golden bullets but it's workable.