Adjustments for Bushnell Banner Scope?

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by DaisyCutter, Aug 6, 2005.

1. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

I bought a .17 HMR rifle with a Bushnell Banner scope. I know it's not a high quality scope, but I still wanna know how to adjust elev/win.

It has the knobs you turn with your fingers. It didn't come with ANY instructions.

I assume that the top knob is windage, and the side knob is elevation? Which direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise) moves the bullet impact up/down/left/right?

I've never been a scope guy, so I don't know.

A link to online instructions would be ideal. I'm tying Google presently.

Thanks,

DC

2. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

IIRC, side knob is for windage, top for elevation. Think of each knob as a set screw. Inside the scope the reticle is held in position by the screws. As you tighten (turn clockwise) the top knob the reticle should move down, and vice versa. The side knob will push it to the left when tightened, and vice versa. So:

If your groups are X, then turn Y knob Z direction:

X = Low Y = Top Z = Clockwise
    X = High Y = Top Z = Counter-clockwise
    X = Left Y = Side Z = Clockwise
    X = Right Y = Side Z = Counter-clockwise

If the knobs have click-stops it will usually tell you the distance each one makes at a certain yardage (usually 50 yrds or 100 yrds). Go out to that yardage and shoot a group. Measure approximately how far off they are, then adjust your knobs in the correct direction and distance.

For example:

You shoot a group from 100 yards that is 3 inches low from your aim point. You know you need to adjust the top knob clockwise to push the reticle down. Now, let's assume that one click equals 1/4 of an inch at 100 yards. Therefore, you'd need to go about 12 clicks to get into the ballpark (4 clicks = 1 inch, ie 3 inches = 4 clicks/inch * 3 inches = 12 clicks).