Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my new G35 to the range tomorrow. The rear adjustable sight has two screws for adjustment on the right side of the rear sight. There is an upper one to the rear and a lower one forward.

The manual does not say which one is windage and which one is elevation and does not mention which direction you turn for left-right and up-down. It also does not mention how many turns of the screw moves you an inch at 25 yards or whatever.

I don't want to ***** with the screw more than I have to as the whole set up looks less than sturdy.

HELP!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I am taking my new G35 to the range tomorrow. The rear adjustable sight has two screws for adjustment on the right side of the rear sight. There is an upper one to the rear and a lower one forward.

The manual does not say which one is windage and which one is elevation and does not mention which direction you turn for left-right and up-down. It also does not mention how many turns of the screw moves you an inch at 25 yards or whatever.

I don't want to ***** with the screw more than I have to as the whole set up looks less than sturdy.

HELP!
Do yourself a favor. Don't mess with the sights until you have shot the pistol at least 500 rounds. Then shoot it off a good solid rest for grouping.
I think I Googled "adjustable sights Glock" and got the info you are looking for.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
You can note the position of the rear sight. Now, turn one screw and see what moves and in which direction. You're almost there, just turn the remaining screw to determine which direction, as you will have identified whether it's windage or elevation.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I'll take that as a "No, I can't help you but I'll state the obvious."

The screws are embedded in plastic, not steel so I want to keep the screwing around, so to speak, to a minimum.
I've adjusted the ones that I have. I thought it was an ingenious design. I don't think you'll break it, since they are made to adjust. I think the screw is plastic, also. That's the method I use on any adjustable sight that I don't have directions for. Sorry I insulted you.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I can't believe no one could answer your simple question: The front screw adjusts windage, Clockwise moves the sight to the right, the rear screw adjusts elevation, clockwise moves the sight up.

If the gun shoots to the right, move the rear sight to the left. If the gun shoots low, raise the rear sight.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I can't believe no one could answer your simple question: The front screw adjusts windage, Clockwise moves the sight to the right, the rear screw adjusts elevation, clockwise moves the sight up.

If the gun shoots to the right, move the rear sight to the left. If the gun shoots low, raise the rear sight.
Thank you. I would surmise that maybe 1%, of Glock owners, ever use their little plastic adjustable sights and that's why nobody knew, for sure. I do use them and sort of like it. It's really small. I don't remember the adjustment directions, because it's been years since I sighted the guns in, with that sight.

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,602 Posts
Go ahead and turn them to see what they do....but shooting it enough to be able to shoot a group prior to making a sight change is good advice.

Sight picture-> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=144

Fixed sights are are more secure and (IMO) give a better sight picture. Four sights of differing height are available if an elevation change is needed, and they are simply drifted left or right in the dovetail for windage adjustments. Very little adjustment is likely to be needed.....if your shots are going four or more inches low and/or to one side, it's your trigger control that needs 'adjusting'.

:patriot:

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,602 Posts
are those sights infinitely adjustable, i thought i read somewhere that they only have three stops in each direction ?
The original adjustable rear sight was limited to basically the same four heights as the fixed sights were made in, but the newer style can be adjusted a bit more precisely.

It can also be adjusted for windage where the older one could only be drifted in the slide dovetail. The newer style sight is more secure than the older one by a long shot, but I wouldn't pay extra for either of them. Fixed sights, once adjusted correctly, are much preferable.

:patriot:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.