GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first slide with an RMR cut, and I'm wondering (not hopeful, mind you, but curious) if there are any adjustable iron sights that might work with the RMR mounted?

I can't see how there would be room, but wanted to check before I wrote the idea off.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Why do you think you need iron sight for a slide mounted dot?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Yes, it could. But dots have been around since the mid 70's, and I have two 30 year old Docter 7 MOA dots, which have never failed, ever. And todays dots are even better. Besides on a pistol, inside of 7 yards, just frame the target with the window, you will hit center mass.

If you are taking the time to find the dot and iron sights, you are taking far too long.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it could. But dots have been around since the mid 70's, and I have two 30 year old Docter 7 MOA dots, which have never failed, ever. And todays dots are even better. Besides on a pistol, inside of 7 yards, just frame the target with the window, you will hit center mass.

If you are taking the time to find the dot and iron sights, you are taking far too long.
Not the question I asked, but thanks.

Anyone with any info, it will be appreciated.

Larry

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Backup sights are a smart move. Especially on a defensive gun. However, adjustable backup sights are pretty silly. Most don't even use adjustable sights on a defensive gun without optic. I've never seen any that would fit on a cut slide.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Backup sights are a smart move. Especially on a defensive gun. However, adjustable backup sights are pretty silly. Most don't even use adjustable sights on a defensive gun without optic. I've never seen any that would fit on a cut slide.
To each his own. I prefer a precise POA=POI relationship, which is generally only possible with adjustable sights.

Larry

·
Registered
236 Posts
Larry1096, I've spent much time online and downloading manuals and brochures from manufacturers websites. The purpose being to be able to have choices of the height of the front and rear sights.
I've come across mixed combinations of heights of the front and rear sights so that in the field I've been able to mostly just swap out the front sight to get desired results.
All because the rear sight needs to stay as is in length due to the red dot cut only allowing for different fixed height sights but not having space for an adjustable sight in length.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,148 Posts
Yes, it could. But dots have been around since the mid 70's, and I have two 30 year old Docter 7 MOA dots, which have never failed, ever.
So, because of your personal experience, no red dots have ever failed for anyone else, ever?

I dunno man... seems like it's another case of better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Larry1096, I've spent much time online and downloading manuals and brochures from manufacturers websites. The purpose being to be able to have choices of the height of the front and rear sights.
I've come across mixed combinations of heights of the front and rear sights so that in the field I've been able to mostly just swap out the front sight to get desired results.
All because the rear sight needs to stay as is in length due to the red dot cut only allowing for different heights but not having space for an adjustable sight in length.
Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Once I have the optic mounted, I plan to do some measuring and see what would be a lower 1/3 co-witness with the slide I've got.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
If you think about it, the RMR is one big adjustable sight. That’s the beauty of the RMR, precise and with the ability to easily adjust it any way you want with just a few clicks. Go with Ameriglo suppressor sights for backup and roll with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts