close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Adjust Glock 23 Sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mac777daddy, Mar 26, 2006.

1. mac777daddy

mac777daddy

I have a G23 with the dot glow in the dark sights. Does anyone know how to adjust these sights? My gun seems way off when I align the 3 dots on a target. Thanks MAC

2. stangyg123

stangyg123 NRA 4 Ever

Those look like Meprolights but I could be wrong, anyway unless you have a sight pusher, just take a hard wood dowl and a hammer and tap tap tapity tap the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to go.

Before adjusting the sights you might want to shoot it from a bench rest or sand bag and have someone else shoot it aswell just to make sure the sights really are off. :)

3. mac777daddy

mac777daddy

4. stangyg123

stangyg123 NRA 4 Ever

5. oldironman

oldironman

After we push/knock the rear non-adjustable sight over (mine is a stock G27 that shoots a little right), do we need to drip some creeping Loctite on it or will it stay where it is put. If I understand it right, the groove it sits in is wider in the middle so as to keep it centered; so it seems like it would drift back to where it was if I don't anchor it with locktite or something. Or, do I just have to live with it and aim a little to the left. Thanks,

Mark
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Edited:
    Okie dokey. I ran outa time and had to make a quick decision on ebay, so I bought the Glock adjustable sight. It was $13.49 including shipping. Not an earth shattering price, but still... a few more bullets I can buy.