close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Actual Glock Connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JoeInKS, Mar 21, 2010.

1. JoeInKS

JoeInKS

Was on the Glock on site and ran across their page concerning available connectors. They listed a 4.5, 5.5, and 8.0 pound connector. I've never really paid attention to this before but is the 4.5# connector what people refer to as the 3.5# connector or has Glock stopped selling the 3.5# connector that people are referring to?

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

4.5 is the new 3.5, although Glock just updated the description to reflect the actual weight, The connector never changed, it was an error from the start.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010

3. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

The Glock 3.5 connector, part #00135, is available from www.glockparts.com and is what I have found to be the best overall connector for my Glocks. As mentioned, Glock now refers to their 3.5 connector as a 4.5 piece.

4. paddle007

paddle007

Supposedly the original spec was 2.2 kilograms. When converted to pounds comes to 4.5. The terminolgy has been off for years. I can see alot of head scratching over this change.

5. HK Dan

HK Dan

There isn't really a big benefit to switching to that part. The aftermarket connectors make for a much better trigger, but I wouldn't use one in a defensive pistol. One man's opinion...

Dan

6. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

There are strong arguments on both sides of this topic. I am of the opinion that one should first give the stock trigger a chance and see how they do with it. For example, my second G23 had a better trigger with the stock 5.5# connector than than the one I bought in 2007 which came with a 5# trigger. Still, I have installed the Glock 3.5 connector in both of these guns.

My reason for using the 3.5 connector was to improve my accuracy and hit potential, and they have.. at least on a range.

As for concerns about using a different connector on a defensive arm, here in Virginia, that is not a concern if you have to use your gun defensively.

7. Tommy Kelly

Tommy Kelly

I have changed the connectors in 2 of my glocks in my 40 I went with a 3.5# connector in my 9mm I went with a 2.5# connector. Both made a big improvement over stock connectors they arent light pulls by any means and still have the same length of pull but feel a lot better to me. But I like light triggers and the pull weight is lighter but most of my guns have trigger puills in the 1# range with no travel. I think the connectors were money well spent but neither made the glocks have a great trigger just a little easier to live with. Besides the glocks aren't target pistols just good shooters.